00. room of requirement

❀⊶—---⊷❀⋅❀⊶—---⊷❀

At 11:45 on Wednesday morning, the Potter family along with Sirius and Remus gather around the fireplace in the Potter's family room. Sirius and Remus exchange concern looks with each other when a pale, red-eyed Lily Potter wraps her arms around Harry's shoulders, holding him close to her as if she is afraid to lose another child.

"Is everyone ready?" James asks the group whilst fidgeting with his watch in front of the fireplace. No words were spoken but everyone in the room nodded their heads 'yes' to the oldest Potter's question.

James shakily reaches out to grab the small vase of floo powder from the top of the mantle piece before cradling it to his chest. Closing his eyes and taking a deep breath, James takes a moment to himself before composing and turning to face his family. Holding the vase out towards Remus, James says "You first Moony."

Remus slowly steps into the fireplace that is connected to the Floo Network and shakily takes a handful of the powder. He makes eye contact with Sirius and then glances at the Potters before shouting "Room of Requirement, Hogwarts!" and disappears.

Sirius is the next to go, feeling that the family of three need a few extra minutes to themselves before their world as they know it, is changed forever.

James places the vase back onto the fireplace mantel before turning towards his wife and son, and wrapping them into a hug. Feeling Lily and Harry wrap their arms around him and each other causes a tear to escape James. They soak in their last moments of peace with each other until it's almost too late. Lily is the first to break the hug and places a hand one each of her boys' cheeks. "It's time." She says before making her way into the fireplace.

Holding the vase towards his wife in one hand and the other placed on his son's shoulder, James gives her a small, weak smile as she grabs a small amount of floo powder and shouts "Room of Requirement, Hogwarts!"

Harry is then ushered into the fireplace by his father. "Here you go son." James says whilst giving Harry floo powder. Harry hesitates before looking at his father with a scared expression. "What's wrong?" James asks, concerned.

"Wh-What is Rosalie doesn't want to come back?" Harry whispers.

Feeling his heartbreak even more than it has the past two days since Dumbledore's letter, James takes a deep breath. Running a hand through his hair, he looks his son in the eyes. "Lets not think about that right now, son. First, we need to get to Hogwarts before we can try to bring her home."

Reluctantly, Harry nods his head. "Okay." Looking at his father one more time, Harry gives him a small smile. "See you there old man. Room of Requirements, Hogwarts!" And with that, James was the last one in the cottage.

The oldest Potter takes one last look around the room before making his way towards the fireplace with a handful of floo powder. Closing his eyes, James takes one last deep breath and as a tear makes its way down his cheek, shouts "Room of Requirement, Hogwarts!"

 Closing his eyes, James takes one last deep breath and as a tear makes its way down his cheek, shouts "Room of Requirement, Hogwarts!"