Chapter 10

----------

Y/n made sure to close her room's door, as she soundlessly walked down the stairs, arriving at the front door of the whole dojo that she lived in.

The girl slipped on a pair of black sneakers, as Y/n turned back towards the long hallways inside the dojo a shouted: "I'm going out!"

What Y/n didn't expect, was a trail of footsteps coming down the stairs, as Shinichiro soon showed up.

"Y/n-chan~ Where are you going?" Shinichiro asked, while slightly bending his back to catch his breath, perhaps because he just ran down the stairs and hallways.

"Shini-nii? Uh, I'm going to visit Izana-nii." Y/n raised a brow, but her heart was a bit warmer because of Shinichiro's caring words.

"Ah, okay. When are you gonna come back?" Shinichiro asked, semming to be a bit nervous for some reason.

"....Before 3pm...." Y/n answered, but she noticed her big brother's stressed form and asked:

"Why are you so nervous, Shini-nii?"

"...." Shinichiro didn't look like he expected the girl to notice his stress. Hesitating for a moment, he slowly explained.

"So, you see.... Manjiro's birthday is in a week, and I managed to find a CB250T for his birthday present-- It's already all fixed and stuff, but it's still missing a few final touches for the appearance... So I was wondering if Y/n-chan could help me out on that."

Y/n's eyes grew wide, realizing that it was her brother's birthday in a few days. Since the girl forgot to buy a birthday present for Manjiro, she thought that it'll be nice if she helped Shinichiro with his present."

"Sure, I'll help you, Shini-nii." After a few seconds of thinking, Y/n agreed with ease.....

Not knowing what is awaiting for her.

"Yes! Thanks, Y/n! Meet you at my shop after dinner?"

"Rogers."

--

Y/n arrived at the orphanage like always. The girl inspected the huge gate, as she spotted a familiar figure anxiously walking in circles.

"Kaku-nii?" She called out, peeling off her mask and put it in her pocket as Kakucho immediately snapped his head towards her direction.

"Holy crap! Y/n! You're finally here!" Kakucho waved his hand around frantically, while rushing to Y/n's side.

"What's wrong, Kaku-nii? Did something happen?" Seeing Kakucho's nervous state, it somehow made Y/n have a bad feeling.