➀ Kawata Nahoya ୭ ✧ ˚. ᵎᵎ

╭──────────────────────╮

╰──────────────────────╮ ╭──────────────────────╯╰┈➤ "𝑾𝒆𝒍𝒄𝒐𝒎𝒆 𝒊𝒏!"

╰┈➤ "𝑾𝒆𝒍𝒄𝒐𝒎𝒆 𝒊𝒏!"

A voice greeted me as the noise of the bell on the door settle. I had just walked into a quaint ramen shop in the heart of the city my father lived in.

I noticed the voice belonged young man standing behind the counter. His face displayed a constant, infectious smile, and his short curly pink hair added to his cheerful appearance.

Seating myself at the counter, he approached me holding that same grin, and introduced himself as Kawata. Strangely enough, he preferred to go by the name Smiley. Intrigued, I beamed back and immediately felt at ease.

"I'm not sure what to order," I glanced at the menu a few times—it was filled with various options that were all too daunting. "Any recommendations?"

Smiley's eyes sparkled with enthusiasm as he asked,

"Do you like spicy broth or prefer something milder? And are you in the mood for pork, beef, chicken, or—maybe seafood?"

His thoughtful questions made me feel comfortable enough to be honest with my preferences.

"I love spicy broth, and I think I'll go with pork today."

With a nod, Smiley began crafting the perfect ramen bowl for me. He skillfully prepared the ingredients, adding just the right amount of spice to suit my taste. I watched him with careful eyes—in awe at his talent for cooking. As the fragrant steam rose from the bowl, my anticipation grew.

When he placed the bowl in front of me, the aroma was irresistible. I thanked him and took my first taste—words couldn't encapsulate how amazing the dish truly was. The broth had the perfect balance of flavors, and the pork was tender and savory. I couldn't help but express my delight, and Smiley's grin widened even more.

Throughout the meal, Smiley and I chatted like old friends. He shared stories of his old gang he used to be in. I came to know that he was actually a Division Captain—which I found out was a pretty high rank. I was unable to fathom how someone so sweet could easily beat people up but—looks can be deceiving. 

By the time I finished my ramen, I felt a sense of connection to Smiley and the cozy ramen shop. It was more than just a meal—it was an experience. Before leaving, I thanked Smiley for the good meal.

"Come back again soon!"

I nodded my head, disappearing among the sea of people outside.

╰┈➤ NOW OR NEVER 𓆩ᥫ᭡𓆪

••• ┊┊╰┈➤ NOW OR NEVER 𓆩ᥫ᭡𓆪