➃ Sano Manjiro ୭ ✧ ˚. ᵎᵎ

╭──────────────────────╮

╰──────────────────────╮ ╭──────────────────────╯╰┈➤  𝑰 𝒉𝒆𝒂𝒓𝒅 a loud knock on my door, and my heart skipped a beat

╰┈➤  𝑰 𝒉𝒆𝒂𝒓𝒅 a loud knock on my door, and my heart skipped a beat. It was well past midnight, and I couldn't imagine who would be visiting me at this hour.

Tentatively, I approached the door and peered through the peephole. My eyes widened in shock as I saw Mikey standing there, his appearance completely disheveled, and bloodstains marring his clothes.

Before I could even process what was happening, I quickly swung the door open.

"Mikey? What happened? Are you okay?" I blurted out, my concern overtaking any other thought.

He flashed me a huge grin, despite his rough appearance.

"Hey! Relax relax, the bloods not mine!" he said with an almost mischievous twinkle in his eyes. Although I was glad it wasn't his, the implication that it someone else's was just as concerning.

"Mikey, you look terrible. Come in," I said, my voice a filled with relief and exasperation.

As he entered, I could see that he was indeed banged up. Bruises adorned his face—and his clothes were tattered. It was hard to believe the leader of the Tokyo Manji Gang could get so beaten.

Mikey plopped down on my couch, looking a bit weary.

"Sorry for barging in like this."

I sighed, grabbing a first aid kit from the nearby shelf.

"You know you're always welcome here, Mikey. Let me take a look at those bruises."

He winced as I gently applied medicine to his cuts.

"You don't have to do this." I shot him a look.

"And you don't have to go picking fights, Mikey. But here we are."

He chuckled softly, wincing a bit at the sore spots.

"Guess I'm not as invincible as I thought."

I finished tending to his wounds and gave him a warm smile.

"You're still my invincible Mikey, no matter what."

His grin widened, and I couldn't help but notice how adorable he looked, despite the blood and bruises.

"You always know how to make me feel better—physically and mentally," he then pointed to my bathroom, "hey hey, you know what would make me feel even better?" A sigh escaped my lips.

"No way, we're not kids anymore. Do it yourself."

"Pleaseeeeeee! It's been so long, I miss the way you scrub my hair!" His desperate words and pleading eyes, although cliche, worked all the same.

I set to work, filling the bathtub with warm water, selecting his favorite shampoo, and laying out a fresh set of clothes. By the time he emerged from the living room, I had everything ready.

Mikey grinned at the sight of the prepared bath.

"You really do take care of me, don't you? Ah, you're just the best!"

I chuckled, my cheeks slightly flushed.

"Someone has to, right?"

I made sure to avert my eyes as he undressed himself, then he quickly wrapped in a towel, before sinking into the bath with a contented sigh. I began scrubbing his back and washing his hair. As I carefully ran my fingers through his hair, his eyes closed in relaxation.

"I could get used to this again," he murmured, his voice soft.

I smiled, a sense of comfort wash over me for a second—feeling a little nostalgic.

"Hey, don't go getting used to this though, just for tonight." Mikey pursed his lips, his words muffled as he pouted.

"No fun..."

As the water began to cool, I helped him out of the tub and handed him the fresh clothes I had prepared. He emerged from the bathroom, looking revitalized and more like himself.

"Hey...I just wanna say thanks..." his voice was barely audible.

"What was that? I didn't quite hear you?" I had, I just wanted to tease him. He crossed his arms, refusing to speak.

"You heard." I smiled back at him, laughing a little.

"Okay, you caught me—and, don't mention it, Mikey. Just promise me you'll be more careful out there."

He nodded, his expression serious.

"I will. And I promise not to show up at your doorstep covered in blood again."

I chuckled.

"You'd better not."

╰┈➤ NOW OR NEVER 𓆩ᥫ᭡𓆪

••• ┊┊╰┈➤ NOW OR NEVER 𓆩ᥫ᭡𓆪