Chapter 19

Chapter 19:

I like him. I'm going to just accept the fact that I like him. I'm going to let myself fall. Fall for him...again.

On the car ride home I couldn't stop smiling. I blasted music and just relaxed. I felt different. I felt good. It's not like I'm actually dating, but the fact that I made up my mind about him makes me happy. The car ride wasn't as long as I hoped it would be. So when I drove up the drive way, I just sat in the car thinking.

"Hey Spence!" I was woken from my thoughts from Zayn running outside. I to the keys out of the ignition and got out of the car.

"What's up?" I said as I shut the car door.

"Did you get me a coffee?" I just looked at him.

"Was I supposed too?" he smiled at my response.

"No, I'm just messing with you. I wanna to ask you if you wanted to go to Nick Grimshaw's party tonight."

"Yeah sure." I smiled.

"cool." He started. "And...will you go with me?" he put his hands in his pockets. I had a confused look on my face.

"No trying to be rude but why me? Why not Chloe?"

"Well she's going with Liam...and I kinda wanna make her jealous." He admitted. I laughed.

"ooohhhh....wait. what about Perrie?"

"Perrie is half-way across the world." I nodded at his response. "I'm sorry...I don't want you to think I'm using you."

"No that's okay Zayn. Your one of my best friends. I'll go with you...I think she needs a taste of he own medicine." I smirked.

*******************

"Hey spencer." I abruptly turned to see where the voice came from. I found Chloe leaning against my bedroom doorframe with her arms crossed.

"Hey, what's up?" I turned back to my closet.

"I don't know...what's up spencer?" she said sarcastically. I gave her a confused look.

"uhhh I'm looking for a dress for tonight." She looked at my closet and then at my bed where I have laid out a couple dresses.

"Uh huh." She started circling me.

"Can I help you hoe?"

"Is there something you want to tell me?...lover." she crossed her arms. What was she talking about?

"uhh....ohhh! I'm sorry about me and Zayn it's just that-"

"Not that. I don't care about that. I know what he's trying to do and it won't work. I'm talking about lacey." My eyes widen. How did she know? She can't know!

"What about lacey?" I walked passed he with another dress.

"Well I don't know...you tell me."

"I don't know what you're talking about." My eyes never left the dresses as tried to seem as though nothing is wrong.

"Something's up..." she walked around me. "Something with lacey....and her father." My head shot up.

"What are you talking about Chloe?!"

"Don't lie to me spencer! Zayn almost spilled! You can't deny anything!" I just looked at her speechless. "Why won't you tell me?"

"Chloe-"

"No spencer! I want the truth! Nothing else!" she got closer trying to intimidate me. It worked. I walked over and shut the door. "you know...I've been looking at lacey lately." She started. "she has curly hair...you have wavy.."

"Her father must have had curly hair."

"I also noticed you got pregnant around the same time you left harry.." she circled me again.

"I told you what happened. I got drunk at a club and woke up in the back seat of a stranger's car." She huffed at my answer.

"suuurree." She didn't buy it. "Spencer. I want the truth." She stopped and looked at me intensely.

"Fine...Harry is her father." I spat. She smiled.

"I knew it! This is great! You-"

"Chloe! This is not a game. This is not great. This is a huge mess!" her smile faded away.

"Why didn't you tell me?" I opened my mouth but she spoke first. "Does Lexy know?" I dropped my head. "she does.....and Zayn?" I nodded. "woooww. Who else knows but me?!"

"No one else." I sighed. "And no one else will...understand?" I gave her a stern look.

"But Har-"

"understand." I raised my voice a little.

She sighed. "Fine...I won't tell him."

"good." I replied as smiled and went back to my dresses.

**********************

"Ready to go?" Zayn walked through the bedroom door right as I fell to get my heel on. He laughed. "I will take that as a no."

"I'm ready." I stood back up with both my heels on.

"You look pretty...this is going to kill her." He smirked.

"Haha lets just go." I walked towards him and we walked out and down the stairs.

Everyone was all dressed up. My eyes went straight to Liam whose arm was around Chloe. I felt Zayn snake his arm around my waist when he saw them. I jumped at his touch but then remembered why he did. My eyes turned to Harry. He looked...perfect. He was wearing a not to dressy, grey suit. I then looked up at his face. He was mad? Then I looked down and realized he was just jealous.

"You look great Spence. But I think Zayn isn't helping much." Chloe spat as she clung closer to Liam. I laughed.

"Thanks? I guess." I said unsure of her compliment. After a couple seconds of awkward silences and stares someone spoke.

"Let's get going?" harry said breaking the tenseness.

"Yeah let's get going."

*********************

Notes:

Sorry this chapter wasn't that great but its leading up to the good stuff(: comment, vote and share!

Love, kendall <3