chapter 3

chapter 3!

after we ordered our food we talked and caught up. i couldn't be more happy, i finally get to see my brother.

"hey so you should come visit the boys sometime."

"in L.A? i cant afford it. i cant even afford my apartm-" i stop what i was saying because i wasn't ready for him to know.

"what? i thought you said you lived in that apartment by your work?" i bit my lip. Ive been caught. i put my hands over Lacey's ears to keep her from finding out too.

"i got evicted." i took my hands off her ears. its not like she know what that means but just to be safe.

"he just looked at me with bid sympathetic eyes. " do you have a place to live?"

"no. i don't really have any friends or family to go to......" i had to rephrase that. " i mean your my family! but.... i...you know what i mean."

"he looked down at his hands in his lap for a while. i wasn't long before he spoke again though. "live with me."

i stared at him with a sign of confusion written on all over my face.

"come on, move to L.A. you can stay at my place until you get back on your feet. i will pay for the plane ticket and everything." i was about to speak but he got his words out first. " it will make up for the years we lost." his voice trailer off.

"Louis.. i don't-"

"hey! you said you need family, well I'm your family."

"uhhhh.....why not.." his face lit up as he jumped up from his seat.

"great! we are leaving tomorrow! you can just tag along!"

"tomorrow!?"

"uncle Louis!" we were both caught off guard by the paper Lacey was waving in the air.

"whats this, Lacey?" Louis took the paper she gave him. it was a picture of me and her holding my hand with another figure holding her other hand.

"that's us." she lightly put her thumb up to her lips searching for a sign of praise.

"this is beautiful Lacey! can i have it?" she smiled at him and nodded her head. he looked up at me. "the boys miss you."

"i miss the them." he was silent as he dropped his head.

"especially harry..." my eyes fell to the ground. hearing his name was torture. he was the only person i have ever loved. but i guess that was just a mistake. i bit my lip. " I'm sorry." i sit sat quietly. "he still brings you up....look, i might like the idea that you two used to be a thing but.... i thought maybe you should know."

"well I'm over it so.. i doesn't matter." I'm not over it. in fact i will never be able to get over it. whenever i look at Lacey i see him. Lacey is his daughter. i never told anyone because i thought it would just disappear...but it hasn't.

"good."

he drove us back to our apartment and helped us pack some things. i guess Paul is going to send people down to pick us up in the morning? whoever Paul is. it took the rest of the day to talk, pack, and hang out. i cooked him some food and we all ate dinner together.

*beep beep* i looked down at my phone. nothing. " its you."

"haha thanks." Louis looked down at his phone and stared at it for a couple seconds. "sorry, its Niall."

"that's okay." i chuckled at him. " you going to tell him?"

"if i don't, they might have heart attacks when they see you. i think they need some time to let it sink in."

"haha, your right."

"well I'm gonna take off. i will hopefully see you tomorrow. if you don't make a run for it." he laughed with me.

"i wont..maybe." we continued laughing and then got alittle serious.

"i had fun." although his face was hidden from hugging me, i could tell there was a smile on it.

" me too."

"bye Lacey!" he waved at her from the hallway to the living room. she waved back and started back on her picture." alright, i will see you tomorrow. bye Spencer."

"by Louis." i smiled as he slowly walked out the door leaving me alone in the hallway.

--------------------

notes:

thanks guys for reading! comment what you think!! share and tell people about this story(: comment! i will post more tomorrow(:

                                    love,  kendall(: