chapter 13

Chapter 13

My eyes opened slowly. Everything was blurry. As my vision returned I noticed I wasn’t in my room. Then the memories from last night came back to me. I was in Harry’s room. There was a clock on the night stand. 7:30……7:30?! I had to get lacey to daycare! I tried to move but I was tied down by two large arms around me. The more I struggled, the tighter they got.  I swiveled around to face him. He was sleeping peacefully. You could hear snores escaping his mouth. A couple of his curls blushed up against my forehead. I didn’t want to wake him but I needed to go.

“harry.” I whispered. No answer. “harry.” I raised my voice a little bit. Enough for him to open his eye to open  softly.

“mmm.” He finally woke up. “Morning beautiful.” He smiled.

“Harry I need you to let go.” His smile disappeared. He shook his head.

“I don’t want to.” He smiled again.  I sighed.

“harry, I need to take lacey to daycare…now.” He was slow but eventually let go. I got up fast  and grabbed my shoes, struggling to put them back on.

“I can take her for you..so you can sleep.” I turned to face him. He now held himself up with his elbow looking at me still squinting.

“No that’s okay.” I finally got my boot on and stood up. I walked to the door and cracked it. I poked my head out and looked around outside.

“What are you doing?” he laughed. I turned to see harry now sitting up all the way.

“I’m... looking…. Outside your door...”

“No shit Sherlock..” he rubbed his eyes…still laughing.

“Okay well bye.” I ran out the door and shut it behind me. I ran straight for my room so no one could see me. I wouldn’t be caught dead coming out of Harry’s room. I shut my door behind me and looked around the room. Lacey was in bed still asleep.

“lacey.” I pulled back the covers and turned her head to face me. “Wake up sweetheart.” Her eyes opened and she smiled. She had one arm tightly wrapped around her monkey and the other was just about to raise above her head to stretch. “Come on, let’s get you ready.” I grabbed her body as she slumped into my arms. I sat her down on my bed to go pick her out an outfit. The door opened forcefully.

“Where were you this morning?” I turned to see Chloe in the doorway.

“What do you mean I was in bed?” She raised an eyebrow. She didn’t buy it.

“I came in here earlier and you weren’t here.” I don’t know what to say…definitely not the true.

“I had to pee.”

“Really, cuz you weren’t in there either.” Oh crap. I’m screwed. “Were you with-“

“I must have gone to another bathroom then. Haha. Oops, my bad.” I put on the fakest smile I could do.  She was confused but then soon gave up.

“Okay well I’m going back to sleep. I just needed a womanly item... I took one out of your purse when I was looking for you soo...Yeah. Have fun driving this early.” As she left I took a sigh of relief.

I got lacey ready and put a new shirt on myself. I will just take a shower when I get back. I walked downstairs and grab my keys on the hook by the door. Lacey was wide awake now as she played with her monkey.

“I heard you made a new friend.” I adjusted the mirror so I could see her. She smiled at me in the mirror and nodded. “what’s their name?”