Chapter 6: Men's obsession

Zak

I did not mean to ask Dia about her grades, I already know how much of a good fighter she is. The look on her face told me, she was about to fight me. I take my lunchbox and make my way towards the

Dia makes her way towards me with a carless expression. She drops her lunch box next to me and the girls at the table look at her with discuss.

"Why is she sitting her?" Teagan questions, trying to eat her salad.

"Scram if you don't like me," Dia speaks, she takes a sit on the bench next to me. The bench chairs are blue, and the table is the same colour blue.

"We have to talk about our class arrangements," I inform her, Teagan smiles at me. She takes a bite of her salad.

"Okay, so," I say, waiting for Dia to open her lunch box but she is looking at her phone. I steal a glimpse.

Magen: My mom started acting up again, the nurse called.

Magen: can you cover me?

Dia moves her phone towards herself, "yeah."

"You should start eating," I tell her, "We might be long."

Dia nods, she opens her lunch box to an empty container with a note.

"Here is money, you might want to get something to eat."

Dia looks pissed, she gets up and leaves her lunch box before Asher gives her his sandwich.

Dia looks up at him, "Noah, told us about the situation."

"Thanks," she has a kind smile, I have never seen her smile like that before, normally it is a smile of her taking pleasure in someone else pain or getting someone flushed by her words.

"We should study," Dia starts but takes a bite of her sandwich, she chews. I feel like she is purposefully chewing slowly, Dia pulls out her phone and shows me her google calendar. She swallows, "I have boxing practice on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Fridays and late-night Saturdays." She informs me, I take it down in my notes app.

"What times?"

"Tuesdays- are mostly matches so I finish pretty late, or I end up staying at Noah's house." Asher gives her a can; the can is orange and has a cannabis on it. Teagan looks uncomfortable. She takes a sip before proceeding, "Wednesdays from five to six, Fridays from six to eight at night- I normally end up staying at Noah's. He goes clubbing on Fridays at Maddison's." She takes a bite of her sandwich. Madison's is a club which allows sixteen-year old's in but they have to pay double. I wonder if Dia goes clubbing. Dia starts speaking again, "Saturdays are normally matches, the sold-out matches unlike the one you," she stops and looks over at Teagan, "came and watched me last night for, it was only half full."

Half full? The noise was so bad, I had a headache from it. It was crowded like they had barely enough space. Maybe they have more space higher up on the underground stadium.

"Can we do Sundays, Fridays before you go and Thursdays?" I ask, trying to fit around her schedule.

"When do you not have sport?" she asks, is she being considerate?

"I have sports everyday but Sunday. Saturday, I have to be in the school's gym. It shows my dedication," I answer her question.

"First break is about to end; you have my number. Can you send me your schedule and we can find times that work for both of us and not just one of us," she informs, walking to Asher and his friend's group without waiting for my response. I never though Dia might actually have problems like the rest of us. She was considerate. I look over at Teagan and she shoots me a look.

"What?" I question her facial expression.

"I know that look, Zak," she responds.

"What look?"

"She is not as bad as she seems look,"

"She might have problems like the rest of us,"

"Who? Her?" Teagan takes a bite of her food, "She is bad, bad news do not even think about you. What will your mom think? She wants a good wife for you not a whore who boxes."

"Are you judging her based on her appearance, you are not any better than your mother," I know I hit a nerve for Teagan. Her mother left her and her father when she was ten.

"She will break your heart, is all I am trying to say. You should come over to help me with my math's," Teagan says just before the bell rings. I have English now. I now know why almost everyone attracted to females in this school is obsessed with her, her body is good, she is dedicated to what she loves, and she seems to be somewhat smart but most importantly she has issues like all of us.