Chapter 10: Fights

Dia

I put my stuff in my locker, my leg has been feeling better. I am hoping to see be able to fight next week or maybe this week Saturday for a bigger paycheck. A bigger paycheck then when Ace payed me to stay at home for my injury.

I close my locker and see Teagan standing by my locker.

"Can I help you?" I question and she smirks.

"How about helping me by staying away from Zak?" she says, she rests her back against the other lockers. Her foot closest to me is against the lower locker. She crosses her arms over her chest.

"Excuse me," my voice is harsher than before.

"I said," she starts screaming like I am deaf.

"I know what you said but he is my physics slashed chemistry partner," I inform her, my fists fall from holding the strap of my bag.

"I do not care," she says, she pushes herself off the lockers with her leg closest to me, "You should find the solution."

My fists ball up in a fist. I put my bag down instinctually.

"I am sorry, please repeat yourself. I feel like you do not understand what you are saying," I say, a little louder from before. I look behind her to see if anyone else is in the hallway and no one is.

"No, I mean what I said," she says, making me look at her with confusion. I turn around and just as I am about to get my bag, she grabs my hair.

She pushes me against the lockers, "This is a warning."

Sweetheart, I was never good with warnings, and good thing I know how to fight.

I take my hand to be by hers. I dig my nails into her hand. She throws my hair from her hand to the other side. I collide with the lockers on the ither side. She walks up to me. Slap!

This crazy bitch just fucking slapped me.

I kick her in the leg closest to my right leg. I grab her hair and push it back. I see tears coming from her eyes.

"Do not fuckin' test me," I whisper in her eyes before I yank her head forward. Her head collides with the floor. Before I can get on top of her and punch her. I feel an arm dragging me away from the body.

"Do not," Magen's voice reaches my ear, "You can not afford to get in trouble again."

She carries me to the girl's bathroom. My ankle feels worse than it did before.

I should have finished her off with a double kick. My brother always told me, I have a killer kick.

"Wow," Magen says, as I take a seat by the basin.

"She started the fight," I inform her. Magen rolls her eyes before she touches my lip. I flinch hard. Adrenaline must have been preventing me from feeling pain.

"Why would she start a fight with you? You are the best boxer, and she is on the cheer squad," Magen moves to touch my eye. She lightly touches under my eye and I grab her arm from the pain.

"Why do you think?" I say but Magen gives me a confused face.

"Zak Harandas. She wants me to stay away from Zak," I inform her, she nods her head.

"You have a liking in him," she questions, she opens her bag and takes out ointment.

She light rubs the ointment under my eye, "No, he is helping me higher my chemistry slash physics- oww, would you stop being so fucking rough and be gentle for once."

"You sound like someone I know in bed," she tries to lighten the mood. I roll my eyes at her.

"You really fought over a guy?" she says in disbelief, "What have you done with the Dia I know?" She questions me and my action.

"Like I said before, I need him-" I start but Magen interrupts me.

"You like him,"

"No, he is my partner in chemistry and physics,"

"Chemical reactions in the brain and a force of attraction between you two," she states, she refers to both chemistry and physics. I need him to get my marks to be higher.