Chapter 39: Help?

Dia

I feel water being poured on me. My eyes shoot up and my body jolts up, but the chains only let me get so far before I am pulled back down and snap back to reality. To where I am and who has captured me.

"She awakes," a voice says as someone comes running into the room.

The last thing I remember is my father hitting my head with his gun, the collision could have made me pass out.

I hear faint gunshots.

"How did they find us?" My father questions, pacing up and down. Making the gun in his hand hit his left palm which bounces it up and down on his palm.

"Shoot her and let's get going," my father says before exiting the room.

"On it sir," one of the henchmen points their gun at me.

This is going to hurt like a bitch.

Bang!!!

I feel the metal pierce the skin on my left shoulder by my chest. A painful scream leaves my mouth as blood starts seeping out.

I feel something collide with my head.

~

"She is unconscious, and her leg has been bleeding for way to long, you are lucky she is even alive or that they did not hit an artery, the shoot was lucky not near her heart but rather went into her shoulder blade," A voice who I can not seem to put a face to says. My eyes feel too tired to open. I just want some peace to sleep in.

"Will she be alright? Like her leg?" A voice way to familiar says but my brain is too tired to figure out who the voice belongs to.

"She might not be able to walk for a few weeks but right now I would recommend against it especially with how much stitches we had to use," the first voice starts speaking, why does it sound like concern, or maybe I imagined it with being tired.

I let my mind drift into the darkness.

~

I feel someone nudging me.

I try to flick their hand away.

"You need to wake up," a voice says, I try to flick their hand away from me. I was finally getting the sleep my body was craving, the quietness my brain was hoping for and the distraction my consciousness was seeking so badly.

"You need to wake up," another person says but lest gentle.

"Five more minutes," I mumble before trying to turn on my right side. A jolt of pain spikes in my thigh and I get up fast, sitting up with my body mainly leaning on my left side.

"What the-" I starts saying before I see a doctor looking at me.

"You could have ripped your stitches," a female in a nurse's uniform says, in a gentle voice.

I know what happened like it was traumatic, but I cannot recall the events in chronological order, or I do not think I can recall the events in the order they happened.

"How bad was the stitching for it to be able to rip when she turns in her sleep?" a voice like Ace comes from the left side of me. I turn my heads a little to see my father, Mr. Scoleman and Ace are on one side. My mom seems worried as she looks at me. I slowly turn my head to see the people in the room and I don't see Zak.

"Zak is outside waiting, they said you were only allowed three people and he said he will wait outside. Let me get him," Ace says, reading my mind as he gets up from the chair and makes his way towards the door.

"Honey, they said you were kidnapped," my mother rubs my left leg gently, she turns too look at my stepfather's side, "which by the way, your father should have been protecting you more," my mom looks back at me, my mom turns her attention from him, to me, "Sweet are you sure you're not in pain?"

"Just my thigh is sore and my chest feels like a nipping pain but other than that, I am alright," I say as I look to the figure in the door, Zak strolls in worrisome written all over his face.

"Are you alright," he says, moving his attention over my body, I nod at his question.

"We should probably get you something to eat," my mom says, as she drags my stepdad out. He looks at Zak with a facial expression, I can not quite understand. The doctors and nurses also walk out the door.

"You copping?" I question, he nods as he slowly seems to be biting in the inside of his cheek.

"I should help your parents get you coffee, you love coffee," he says as he makes his way outside.

"Hey, Zak...' I say, he stops mid-way through the door frame, "Thank you."

"You are welcome, love," he says before walking off. I always hated when boy would call me love but when he calls me it, it feels normal, natural almost like it is supposed to be my name, or what he is supposed to call me.

"Hello, darling," the voice makes my blood go cold, "Didn't think I would let you get away that easy, did we now?"

How is he here?

"You father is dead, don't worry," he says a smirk playing on his lips, "I have you all to myself now."