Chapter 46: Dia's grandparents?

Zak

I got checked up and the doctor said, my ears will be ringing for a few days, and I should try and avoid loud noises and sounds.

Right now, Dia's stepfather and I are sitting at a table in a private suit. On the table is one hot chocolate for me and coffee for Mr. Scoleman.

Mr. Scoleman is explaining the story between him and his wife, "Dia's grandmother from her side mothers' side, never approved of our relationship. I was twenty-one when her mother fell pregnant with Ace. Her grandparents were furious because we hadn't been married yet and I had just taken over from my father," he takes a sip from his coffee, I give him my most attentive expression, "I was scared to be a father and mind you, Aash- I mean Mrs. Scoleman was 19 at the time. Her parents disapproved, but she ended up giving birth to Ace and we had to break up- we coparented for a while, while she was being married off to Dia's father. He was a cruel man and at the time he was pissed that her first heir was my child. He had always stalked her while we were dating but I never thought to much of it because Dia's mom turned me from a player to boyfriend material, from boyfriend material to father material and then to husband material for herself- a husband she wanted and I had no problem changing for her. I was going to propose to her after Ace was born but her parents had already arranged an engagement to a man they saw as good- he was abusive towards her. He would never allow her to see Ace. I paid for them to get divorce shortly after Dia, was born," he says, resting his back against the seat. I take a sip of the hot chocolate which seems more like warm chocolate.

Mr. Scoleman lets a long sigh out, "Afterwards, Mrs. Scoleman and I finally got married. Her parents didn't approve until they saw the pictures of her being abused by Dia's biological father. The pictures they saw was when we were in court, afterwards they finally understood why I had paid for the divorce. Dia's mom cut them off. If you tell anyone the story, I will kill you and your family whether Dia loves you or not."

"I promise I won't," I say before taking another sip of the warm beverage.

"Was it worth it?" I ask, Mr. Scoleman looks at me with a confused expression, "Letting her marry him and have his heir?"

"It wasn't easy, but I knew I would never love someone else so if she ever came back, I would be waiting. It broke my heart for her to sit next to him at the engagement with a fake smile, but she wanted to please her parents because she felt, she let them down. She then realized it was her life and no one else will be able to make her happy if other people are making her life decision," He answers me but this time he doesn't make eye contact with me.

"Zak don't worry. My children are strong, they will survive one way or another," he says before he wakes up from the chair and walks to an older version of Dia, but the women's belly is popping out. He holds the women's back and whispers something in her ear, she makes eye contact with me. She waves at me before leaving.

He refers to Dia as his, even though they aint blood related. Maybe the bonds between people in family are stronger than blood family, than the DNA.

I really hope Dia is alright and she is alive.