Night Sky [F]

Hehe 69

Tw: None, actually

"Come on Bad, you're taking forever!"

"I know! Just hold on!!"

Zak stood on the rocky, dead grass, looking up at the dark, shining sky.

"Come on, Bad! The meteor shower could start any second now!!"

"I know!! I'm grabbing the stuff you muffinhead!" Darryl yelled from the car, pulling out their folded chairs.

"Oh my goooooooddddd." Zak groaned, before looking over to see Darryl, who was struggling to get the chair out.
"You know what-"

He marched over to the car, shoved the chair back in the trunk, and swiftly grabbed Darryl's hand.

"Ah- Skeppy the trunk is open!"

"Well- we'll just deal with that later! Come on!"

Darryl reached into his left pocket, and fumbled with the keys, finally finding the trunk button on the keys.

The two ran through the night, the loud sound of rocks shifting and tumbling chasing after them.

The park was right by the water, so you could watch and see the beautiful lights reflect on it's shiny surface.

They soon arrived at an empty picnic table, one right by the shimmering water, and with a full view of the night sky.

Zak let go of Darryl's hand and climbed the table, jumping from the seats to the top.

"Ah- Skeppy! Be careful!" Darryl gasped, extending his arms automatically.

"Relax, it's not like it's 1000 years old or anything." Zak replied, turning, now towering over him.
"Besides, the view's great from up here." he grinned, looking down at Darryl, who stood there, looking up.

"Ha, ha. Very funny." Darryl rolled his eyes.

Zak giggled.
"Ok, fine, come up here."

He outstretched his arm, smiling warmly towards Darryl.

Darryl felt himself crack a smile, grabbing Zak's hand, and pulling himself up.

Zak plopped down, looking to the distant sky.

Darryl lowered himself, sliding right next to Zak.

"When was it supposed to start? 10:34?" Zak asked, keeping his eyes alert for any shooting stars.

"Uhh..." Darryl checked his phone.
"Yeah. Six minutes to go."

He slid his phone back into his pocket and sat there, awkwardly at best.

Zak seemed so fascinated with above, his eyes scanning over the bright sky over and over again, making sure to catch any form of movement.

Darryl watched him, feeling a deep, warmth flicker within his stomach.

The waves clashed, the sound of water soothing and nostalgic. Zak's soft breathing was steady and on beat, never out of line.

Darryl swung his legs, feeling the warmth gain more and more land within his insides.

Zak...

Zak....

They'd been friends for years now, and Darryl was starting to ask himself the question:

Did he want more?

Did he want to take their relationship further?

Would he be happy if things stayed the same?