"where's your girlfriend?" pt2 [A]

Oh my god... I didn't expect 'WYG?' to blow up like crazy! How's long has it been? A month ish? With 70 reads?!

Anyways ily guys, have a good one!

Tw: homophobia

The four of them stayed silent, staring into each other's eyes.

Zak stared deep into both of his parents eyes, fiery determination sparking in his own.

The suspense was deadly, the room still, none of them daring to breathe.

Zak's hold on Darryl's hand tightened.

Darryl awkwardly stood next to Zak, keeping to himself.

"Zak." His father sternly spoke, slicing through the once frozen air.

"What?" Zak asked, staring daggers into his father's eyes.

"We told you, son, that you needed to man up. The fact that you DELIBERATELY disobeyed us by bringing this...BOY," He huffed, looking Darryl up and down, disgusted,"Is very disrespectful."

"And why is it?" Zak challenged," is it because he's a guy? What makes that any different than bringing a woman here?"

Darryl looked at Zak, feeling his determination and anger starting to flow through his own veins.

"Well what you've brought is clearly not a woman. A woman, is someone who was born with a woman's anatomy. Someone who was raised to be a wife one day. Now this," he referenced Darryl, who awkwardly stood next to Zak." Is not a woman."

"Why're you talking about him like he's some sort of object?!" Zak exploded "He's a person! The person I've fallen in love with!"
Darryl felt his heart flutter, like a singular candle in the world's darkest cave.
"Why can't you just accept that? Why must you push me to be something I'm not when I've explained it thousands of times!" Zak yelled, light tears pricking his eyes.

"BECAUSE, ZAK, LIKE I TOLD YOU, WOMAN AND MEN ARE MADE FOR EACH OTHER. THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS 'BEING GAY'. IT IS ONLY A REBELLIOUS TERM FOR THOSE WHO DON'T WANT TO ACCEPT GOD'S RULES." His father slammed the table with his fist, grinding his teeth.

"He's right, honey." His mom chimed in.
"This isn't you. You were raised to be the husband of a young woman. Not some...ruffian."

Zak scowled, tears, beginning to run down his face.

He felt alone, like no one was on his side. Like He was the one in the wrong.

Darryl felt his heart sink. He'd never seen Zak like this, in such an angry and inferior state.
He let go of Zak's hand and began rubbing his shoulder, silently comforting him.

He then looked to the parents.

"Look," He started." I get it. You want your son to live a happy life with a wife and kids. But that...that's just not him." Darryl softly spoke, holding Zak, who was silently staring teared daggers into his father's eyes.

Zak's father anger raged on, opening his mouth.
"AND HOW WOULD YOU KNOW?! YOU DIDN'T RAISE HIM!"

"I know that, but I actually listened to what he had to say."

Zak's father's mouth began to close, Darryl's words sinking in.

"NO MATTER WHAT YOU THINK OR WANT, I AM WHAT I AM!" Zak hissed, lifting his head up, his nails grinding into his palm.

The four of them sat in silence once again, Zak's quiet sniffles occasionally interrupting.

Darryl kept Zak close, rubbing his back, sometimes whispering to him.