004

***

***

The end of the day came around, 3 O'clock reaching it's peak as the school bell rang for the fifth time that day.

Soojung walked out with Jimin, their hands clutching their backpack straps as they walked along the sidewalk.

"Your friends are really nice, they seem fun to be around", Soojung added.

"Eh, they can be a little annoying at times but yeah for the most part they are", the two laughed at his words.

"So, I saw Jungkook gave you his phone number", the boy confessed with a little smirk. Soojung smiled to herself shyly, remembering the sudden memory from lunch.

"U-Um yeah, yeah he did. He probably just wants to be friends though".

"Ah, I've known him for too long, I know when he's trying to flirt with someone".

"He was flirting with me?", She questioned, suddenly feeling stupid that she didn't notice. But, she still couldn't believe it. She thought no one could like her in that sense.

"I-I don't think he thinks of me that way".

"Why not? He was making googly eyes with you the entire lunch period. He feels some way about you, Soojung-ah. Even if it's only been a day. He catches feelings easily, he told me himself when we first met", the pink-haired boy pointed.

Soojung toke in his words, wanting to believe them. But her insecurities kept trying to push them away.

A guy could never like you.

Men only like the skinny types.

You don't fit the beauty standard.

Your overweight.

Your way out of his league.

Those thoughts hurt, they hurt so much.

"Hey, you okay? We can talk about something else. I was only teasing", Soojung nodded with the best smile she could pull, trying her best not to cry.

Jimin wrapped his arm around her shoulder, trying to comfort her the best he could as they were now reaching her house.

"Here, I wrote down my number if you wanna text later", he pulled out a piece of paper from his pocket, his number written with a black sharpie.

As she toke it, she looked up into his eyes to see them changing color. They were a deep red but full of adoration as they stared back at her brown ones.

"See you at school tomorrow?", he spoke. She shook her head a bit, coming back to reality.

"Y-Yeah, see you then", she grinned with a nod as they went their own ways.

She's never seen someone's eyes change that way, especially to such an intense, dark color. It almost didn't look human.

Though it made her curious, she just shrugged it off before unlocking the front door and walking into a empty house. Her mom didn't get home from the local hospital until 9 PM but Soojung would already be in bed by then.