Not Yours Anymore - Rafe Cameron (Part One)

Description: After (Y/N) and Rafe break up, the two ex lovers start to move on, but what happens when one can't?

~~~

"Come to the pool with me, please??" Sarah begged you as she stood at the foot of your bed.

You'd been a wreck ever since your breakup with her brother, and she'd been trying hard to get you out of your funk.

"I don't know, Sarah," you said, shaking your head. You toyed at the hem of your sheets, refusing to make eye contact with the pleading girl. You knew you'd give in if you did. She was your best friend and you hated letting her down. Part of you knew you'd give in anyway.

"Come on, you need to wear some actual clothes and get some fresh air. How long are you going to mope over my brother? Trust me, he isn't even worth what you're putting yourself through," she told you.

You shook your head at her words. He was worth it, which is why you have this constant heaviness in your chest ever since you told him it's over. It's not like you wanted to, but his coke addiction was getting out of hand. You felt like you had no choice.

"You're wrong, he made me the happiest I've ever been," you stated. She shook her head.

"He also made you the saddest you've ever been. He put you through a lot, (Y/N). This was for the best," she spoke, but her words went in one ear and out the other. There was nothing she could say that would make the hole in your chest go away.

When you didn't say anything, Sarah grabbed your hands and pulled you out of bed.

"Come on! I promise this will make you feel better," she pleaded. Her eyes were full of hope as she wished her best friend would agree to get out of bed for the first time in days.

"What if Rafe is there? I don't know if I'm ready to see him yet," you revealed.

"He's not going to be there, and if he is, he'll be at the gym and not the pool. I'm pretty sure he's working with my dad today anyway," she said.

You paused for a moment before taking in a deep breath. "Fine, I'll go. But he better not be there, Sarah Cameron!" You warned her.

She jumped up and down excitedly. "Yay! I knew I could get you out of your funk!" She exclaimed before rushing over to your dresser and pulling out the first bikini she saw.

It was a hot pink string bikini, one that Rafe loved on you. He couldn't keep his hands off you every time you wore it. "You have no idea how much I want to rip that thing off your pretty little body." He'd whispered in your ear. You could almost hear him say it now. It sent chills down your spine.

"Helloooo? Is this one okay?" She asked impatiently as she held the bikini up.

"Yeah, no, yeah, that one's fine," you answered. You didn't bother telling her why you took so long to answer. She definitely wouldn't want to know anyway.

"Perfect, go change and I'll meet you outside!" She rushed you.

You took the bikini from her and walked to the bathroom inside of your room. You slipped out of your oversized T-shirt that you'd been wearing for days and stepped into the bikini. You put your unwashed hair that, surprisingly enough, didn't look oily into a hot pink claw clip. You grabbed one of your beach towels after lathering on some face sunscreen and slipped on a pair of flip flops.

You met Sarah downstairs and climbed into her car. "Took you long enough," she said, to which you rolled your eyes.

"Oh, please, that took like five minutes," you replied, annoyance laced in your voice. "Don't push it, you should be glad I'm even going."