3 - Ally or Enemy?

"No way Miss! You don't want to get yourself into trouble!" -the black-haired man told her.
"Miss Charlotte, please, stay here." -Arthur insisted. Before she could say a word, they both ran to their horses, but as the black-haired man was about to hop on his horse, he just had to look back at her once again and then followed Arthur.

'Pff, what a weird encounter this was.'
She thought to herself.

With lingering disappointment in her heart, turned around and started walking back home. After she got home she started preparing mushroom soup.
She's a great cook, after all, her parents taught her many recipes besides the tricks and tips for fighting.
When she was done with it, she poured herself a bowl of soup. Afterwards grabbing the utensils and going outside to sit down at the table to eat it.

'I wish I could've joined them! I should have stood up for myself and said what was on my mind instead of being silent. God damn me!'

She was annoyed at herself for said reasons, but she didn't know what was about to happen soon.
It was already night with the stars being visible in the sky. The wind gently blowing, and some gunshots could be heard in the distance. Possibly from a rifle being shot, someone is chasing a deer or other animal most likely. Then there's the bar, making the usual sound as it always does, loud people yelling inaudibly, and then a glass shatters.

When she finished eating she returned the plate to the kitchen. As she turned around she heard knocking on her door.

'Who on Earth is this at this time of night?'

She rushed to grab her revolver, then slowly approached the door. She firmly gripped her revolver in case it was someone dangerous. Seconds later she opened the door and saw him, standing there with his hat down, squeezing it in his hands. She then put the revolver away and looked at him surprised.
"What the hell are you doing here this late?" -she asked surprised.
"Just came to check on you. And while we're at it, mind if I talk to you for a minute or two?" -Arthur said.
"I don't...mind. How about we chat at that table?" -she pointed to her balcony table. He agreed and they both sat down.
"So, I heard you was enthusiastic about joining this gang of ours?" -he asked.

Her eyes lit up with excitement the moment he brought this topic up.
"I am very enthusiastic indeed!" -she said ever so happily.
"Haha, alright alright I see you're determined. But, do you really have what it takes?" -he inquired.
"I mean, just look at me! I am strong, I know how to fight and use guns! That's enough, am I right?" -she said with a sassy tone.

Arthur laughed jokingly.
"Lady, you've got a very strong personality, indeed! Um, no pun intended." -he said while still laughing.
"C'mon, I can prove it to you! I can prove it to the whole gang if you want me to!" -she replied.
"Okay, okay, we'll go into more details tomorrow. I have to get back to camp now. Tomorrow morning, at ten am, go to the train station." -he said as he stood up to leave.
"Alright, will do. Have a great night!" -she told him.
"Have a better night!" -he replied then walked away.
As they said goodbyes, she felt her heart in her throat from the excitement, in fact, she almost jumped out of her body.