27 - All in or nothing!

But John saw through her words."You sure you wasn't just gonna follow those three?" -he asked as he walked closer to her, stopping just a few steps in front of her. Charlotte nervously laughed."Oh, you silly man, you see right through me!" -she explained as she was still laughing."I'm not silly!" -he laughed."Then what are you?" -she asked, still laughing."I'm silly for you." -he replied.Charlotte's laughter faded as she heard his reply.

"You...what? That sentence doesn't even make any sense." -she tilted her head in confusion slightly to the side and then back up."Nothing, nothing." -John waved his hand in the air. "We'll cross that bridge when we get there." -he added."Why are you talking about bridges now?" -Charlotte questioned."I'm speaking metaphorically. For uh, some reason. It sounded better in my head, to be honest." -he replied, scratching the back of his head.

"Okay John." -she laughed it off and went to grab herself some coffee.Javier set his eyes on the table Charlotte was sitting at. With a cup of morning coffee in his hands, he sat down in front of her. They start chatting, and eventually, John joins them and all of them have a good conversation. Some hours pass and they see Dutch, running and shouting while on his way back to camp."I need more men!" -he shouts as he stops by all of the camp members."What on Earth happened, Dutch?" -Arthur questioned, rather worried.Dutch takes a break from talking to catch a breather. But then he continues.

"Micah...got into a shootout with the O'Driscoll boys! We need more men to send them off, quick!" -he wants to turn around, but then stops halfway and gives Charlotte all the money they got for the gold bars."Pack up the camp and move to a better place, everyone! It's either we find you, or we don't, but get ready for the worst." -he explained as he was already running back to Micah to save him. Closely followed behind by Bill, Javier, Charles, Arthur, Kieran, and Lenny.John glanced at Charlotte, hesitation clearly showing on his face."What are you gonna do with that?" -he looked at the money in her hands, it must've been $5,000.

"I don't...know right now." -she looked at it, then looked around. "Ms. Grimshaw! Here, take this, equally split the money between all of us. I have to go!" -she said as she put the money in Ms. Grimshaw's hands. She nodded in agreement."If they don't learn on their own, we'll make them learn from us." -she whispered under her breath as she walked to her horse."Wait for me, Charlotte!" -John yelled as he rushed to her. "I'm going with you." -he added as he hopped up on his horse.

"Sweet of you for not letting me die alone." -she said as she was ready to go."If the last thing I could do for you is to go with you one last time, I wouldn't give it second thoughts." -he explained. "Now, let's go!" -he added before she even had a chance to react to what he just said. They caught up with Dutch pretty fast, ditched their horses far away from the O'Driscolls, and the shooting began.As Charlotte was trying to kill an O'Driscoll boy who had pinned Micah down on the ground and was beating him, she felt lightheaded for a second, and then everything faded to black.Consciousness covered by darkness, she helplessly fell to the ground.