Chapter 16

Tristen took me to his house after school that day so we can discus how were going to go about this with everyone without worrying about people over hearing us. When we got to his house there were already cars in his driveway making it clear that we were the last to arrive.

Before getting out I grabbed Tristens arm. "I think we should get Ash."

Tristen frowned. "I don't think that's a good idea."

"Like Austin said earlier, I put her in danger by asking for her help. I think she should be us, know our plan and that way we can protect her."

Tristen looked deep in thought then nodded. "Your right, she needs our protection but before you invite her over let me talk to Austin." He got out shutting the door behind him.

I opened my door and said, "Did I do something?"

Tristen turned. "What do you mean?"

I got out and shut my door. "To Austin? He doesn't seem like he likes me very much."

He rubbed the back of his head and looked over his shoulder. He walked back to me and said in a low voice, "Austin is protective of Ash."

My eyebrows pulled together. "Then why did he break up with her?" But once the words came out of my mouth the realization dawned on me. "She's his mate."

He nodded. "He broke up with her because he wanted her to have a normal high school life. He was going to tell her after graduation."

I shook my head. "That wasn't his call to make. Plus she already knows you guys are werewolves."

He was taken aback by that piece of info. "How,"

I shrugged. "Ash is kind of a supernatural know it all. But she didn't know about mates."

"That's the one secret everyone keeps. Something's can't help but be told to the public, just so somethings can be explained. But that's our best kept pack secret."

"So, is it safe to assume all your friends are werewolves?" I asked him while we started up the porch steps.

He turned to me and ran his fingers through my hair. "Not all," He said.

***

I sat down on the love seat while Tristens friends sat around me on the other chairs and couches. When we got inside Tristen took Austin aside and now their talking in the other room. I tried to ignore the awkward silence and the whispers here and there from the guys. When Tristen walked into the room he nodded at me and I pulled out my phone. I stood, it was my turn to leave the room. Tristen stayed with the guys to break the news about letting a human in on the plan. I guess I don't count because I'm his mate so it's okay with them that I'm there.

I stepped out on the back deck and found Ash's number in my contacts. "Hey, Ash," I said once she answered.

"Hi, Anna, What's up?" She asked.

"I was wondering if you could come over to Tristens house?" I asked crossing my fingers.

"Um," She said, I could hear the confusion in her voice.

"Tristen said that he would help me and he has some friends that are willing to help too. So, I was wondering if you would want to come over and hear the plan?"

"Look, Anna, I know why your doing this. You think that you put me in danger but you didn't. I did. I willingly gave you that information, you don't have to look out for me. I'm fine." When she finished I could tell that the real reason is because she's afraid of seeing Austin.