Chapter 11

Hey guys, it's been awhile huh? Two years, sorry about that it's been really crazy. Working, moving and not having internet accesses sucks. But i am hoping this next chapter will make up for that!

Chapter 11

        "No no and no," Tossing shirt after shirt behind me, I place my hands on my hips. "Ugh, my first date in ever and I have nothing to wear!" I throw my hands up in the air and grimace. "And I'm acting like a total girl." I mumble to myself.

        I have thirty minutes until Tristen shows up for our date and I'm standing in the middle of my room in my bra and underwear. At least I got my hair and make-up done already. A lite knock on the door makes me hurry for my robe, I tie it quickly when my mom sticks her head in the door.

        "Honey, I can't help but hear your dilemma." She walks in picking up my shirts and placing them on my bed. "Maybe I can help."

        "Mom, thank you but kids dress differently now a days." I shrug apologetically.

        She smiles. "I know but maybe there's something in my room you might like."

        I sigh. "Okay, it wouldn't hurt to try." I follow her out of my room and into her's. She opens her  french closet doors and steps back.

        I walk in and start pushing hanger after hanger back looking for anything I might like. Finally towards the back I found a all black dress. It has long sleeves so I wont be to cold and the neckline is perfect. It dips down but I can already tell it wont show to much on me. I pull it off the rack and show my mom.

        She smiles. "I knew you would pick that one." She bent down picking up a pair of shoes. They were a pair of black high heeled boots.

        I took them and tucked them under my arm. "Thanks, Mom." I gave her a quick hug and rushed back to my room.

        After putting on the dress, I love it, I went into the bathroom to do one last check of everything. I grabbed my leather jacket and headed downstairs where my mom was waiting. It was six-thirty on the dot and Tristen should be here soon. I decided it would be best to wait in the livingroom, there's a window that looks out to the front yard, mom's sitting in the recliner reading. When she glances up she puts the book down and stands.

        Placing a hand to her mouth she says, "Annabel, you look lovely."

        My cheeks heat up and I shift foot to foot. "To be honest, I'm having second thoughts."

        She frowns. "About the date?"

        "No, the outfit. I don't know where we're going. What if it's to much?"

        She smiles. "The dress is perfect. It can be casual but fancy so where ever he takes you, you will look great."

        "Thanks mom."

I breath a sigh of relief but when I hear a car door shut my heart speeds up. I don't know if it's from excitement or if I'm nervous about what I'm about to ask him. What if Ash is wrong? What if there are no vampires or werewolves and my fathers death is a mugging gone wrong? What if the person who stuck the notes in my locker are just trying to be funny? It's a horrible joke if they are.

        I have to know though, I just hope Ash is right and Tristen can help me. If he can't then I'll just have to rely on Ash's help on finding the vampires.