Chapter 9

Sorry it took awhile guys, my internet was down for like two weeks.

Chapter 9

"Whoa, back up a sec." Ash said standing up; she put her hands up like she could physical stop my train of thought.

"Think about it, it makes perfect since, Ash." I told her tucking my legs under me. My mind began to spin at the new information. The cops thought it was a mugging but it was to personal, to brutal, to just be a random mugging. These people wanted to hurt my dad. They wanted something, a lot more than money and my granddads old watch. Wouldn't a mugger just use a gun? In the report, it said my dad suffered from severe blood lose, from the picture you could see he was covered in blood, it had to be an animal attack.

            "Wait, Annabel, your Dad is...is dead?" She asked her hands lowering, her face and voice softening.

            I sunk back down on the bed. In my haste to tell her my idea, I forgot that she didn't know. I guess I just got used to the idea of everyone knowing. "Yeah," I said leaning back against the pillows.

            She sat on the edge of the bed, as if getting to close would shatter me. "How long ago?" She whispered.

            "A year," I told her. I sat up; I have to get used to talking about this. Nothing is going to change it, it's never going to get easier but I have to learn how to face it. "He was murdered; the cops say it was a robbery. They found his car on the side of the road, all his things spilling out." I could picture it, clear as day. I swallowed and pushed myself to continue, she needs to know this to help me. "They found him not too far in the woods. He was...already gone. There was nothing they could do."

            She sat on the bed in silence for a couple seconds then said, "I'm so sorry." She glanced down then up again quickly. "What makes you think its werewolves?" She asked.

            I relaxed grateful we were going back to the earlier topic.  "Today I got a letter," I told her. I grabbed it out of my pocket and handed it over. "When I thought about what they could mean, I instantly thought of what you told me, about the old stories."

I watched her reaction carefully to see if it was her that placed the letter in my locker. She only glanced at it for a second before closing her eyes and folding it back up. She pressed her lips together tightly and took breathe.

            "Someone put this in your locker?" She asked me in disbelief. She slowly looked at me and what I saw I wish I never gave her the picture. It could have been her own father if I didn't know better.

            I nodded. "It was there when I first got to school. I have no idea who could have done it. Nobody knows about my dad."

            Only Tristen and his family know but there's no way Tristen would do that to me. If he knew anything, he would tell me to my face not in some note with my father's picture attached to it.

            "From what I know, I don't think it was werewolves." She said handing me the picture.

            "What makes you think that? The person that gave me this," I said waving the piece of paper. "Is from here, a werewolf town that has to be what they mean."