Chapter 7

Chapter 7

It's been a long time guys and I am sorry about that. School, work, and family but summer's getting closer so I am hoping I will be able to update some more. This story is taking a loooong time I know but it's going to be great, I have many ideas about this story.

So I hope you guys enjoy!

Coming home last night I was oddly upset. The paper is done, we finished just before my curfew and I have a lot of fun like always. But now I feel...hollow. It's so strange I've never felt this way. I guess I'm just worried that we won't hang out anymore; I mean the only reason why we were hanging out was for the paper. I don't even know why I'm worried about it. I just met him, it's not like were best friends. We've only known each other for a two weeks.

Sighing I laid back against my pillows not wanting to get up and get ready for school. I glance around my room, the light was off but the morning sun was coming through the cracks of my curtains. The clothes I wore last night lying on the ground, too tired to put them away last night.

Rolling on my side I glanced at my clock, if I skip breakfast I could make it to school on time. Sighing I threw the blankets off, feeling that rush of cold air. Today isn't supposed to be too bad outside, for the October air. I grab my dark wash blue jean shorts. After putting them on I slipped on my black combat boots. I slipped into my bathroom and finished getting ready. Grabbing my bag I yelled a goodbye to my mom and rushed out of the house.

A ball of dread settled in the pit of my stomach. I just don't know if I could face Tristen. What if what Roxy said is true about him? I mean I don't think he lead me on, I don't even think he likes me in any 'girlfriend' type of way. But he's a good friend. I don't know if I could handle it if he just stops talking to me.

Pushing those thoughts away and ignoring the dread in my stomach, I pick up my speed seeing that I just might be late after all.

Glancing both ways before crossing the street, I'm only a block away from school, when I see two guys standing across the street. They were facing each other; one had a cigarette and just took a puff of it. The end lighting up, burning the paper. They look like they were in a debate when they glance at me. They stop talking, cigarette guy flicks his bud in the air and I watched as I hit the ground. They kept staring, watching me walk further and further away.

I turn around, looking straight at the school wishing I could just teleport myself to my locker. The guys remind me of my first day I walked to school. There was a guy that was standing across the street just like them. Then Victoria showed up. I glanced back expecting to see her but she wasn't there, the guys were gone too.

I stopped in my tracks and spun in a circle. They were gone. The streets were pretty open, I should be able to see if they turned down a road or started walking the opposite direction as me. Taking a deep breath I turned around and started to jog towards the school. Like always glancing at the woods brings flashbacks and an aching pain to the back of my throat but I push it away into a little box in the back of my mind like always.

Flinging open my locker I knew I was going to be late to homeroom, but still rushing anyways. Shoving my bag in my locker I knock a piece of paper out and watched as it slides on the floor a foot away. Grabbing my book I close my locker and grab the paper, running towards my homeroom.

Entering the room just as the bell rang; I gave a sigh of relief and couldn't help smiling to myself. I slid into my chair relieved that I could finally sit down. While the teacher does roll call, I remember the paper I picked up. Glancing at it, my heart stops. The room feels like it shrank and I was being crushed by the walls. When my heart picks up again it's the only thing I hear pounding in my ears.