DATE ✩

After I get out of my shower with Rui and he helps me walk straight, I brush my teeth while combing his hair. We were getting ready to go out on a date together. Just the two of us. If I'm honest, I'm really nervous about it. I love him but I don't know how I'll handle a date with just us. After his hair is all combed out I pull his head back, bending him and poking at his scalp. "You've gotta re-dye your hair soon," I remind him. "Look at your roots!" I can't see his face, but I'm sure he's rolling his eyes with a dumb smile on his face. I throw his head back forward and pull the strands of purple hair out of my comb. "Wow, you're so gentle," he says sarcastically. I smirk and dismiss him, washing my face while he leaves to change clothes. After washing my face I brush my teeth until they at the very least whiter than Rui's. I can't smile in my poses if my teeth aren't pearly white. I shake myself off, getting water droplets everywhere. 

Later on, Rui and I are walking on the sidewalk on our way to a cafe a little bit of a distance from my house.
"Now remember, Tsu, it's kinda shitty. That's like, the whole theme of it though." I nod my head, "mhm." I stare down at my shoes while he continues. "So don't be worried or anything, I'm sure--" His voice slowly starts fading out of my mind as anxiety fills my head. Are we ready for this? Am I ready for this? I don't know what to do, or talk about. What if it just goes silent? I don't want our first date together to be awkward. I want it to be special. As my mind trails off, I feel it getting harder and harder to breathe. I try relaxing myself to make it easier to breathe. "In and out," I think. "Just like Rui did last night," I hear an intrusive thought blurt out to me. I stop in the middle of my walk. "Hm? Something wrong?" I can hear the concern in his voice as he stops himself as well, just a few steps ahead of me. I shoot my head up and glance from him to in front of us. The cafe is already right there. "Uahh..,," I try to find something to use as an excuse. My eyes dart around the outside seating tables.. "Is that..." my eyes widen. As shocking as this is, I'm happy she's saved my day. "Emu??"

"Huh. And Nene right beside her. What a coincidence!" A wave of relief falls over me as I sigh and finally relax. "It'd be rude to just pass them by, right? Maybe we should join them," I state. "Yeah, you might be right. Come on! Let's go over."  We walk over. We were behind them, so when we got closer Rui rested his hand on Nene's head so she'd notice him. "Peakaboo," he says. I giggle at his antics. Emu and Nene turn and squeal. "Hey guys," Nene says calmly. "Huh!? How did you guys know we'd be here??" I tug onto Rui's pants and look up at him. "Actually, we didn't. We were here for our date," Rui explains for me. Emu turns her head and looks around. "Whose your guys' double?" A small pause is left between everyone. "Actually, we were on our own this time for our da-" I cut my tall companion off before he could say anything else and ruin our chances at being saved. "--BUT! We um, saw you guys here and, thought it'd be nice to join you guys! It'd be rude to just move along, no?" I shove my elbow into Rui's hip. "Um.. yeah, I guess," he utters. Emu claps, "Oooh, goodie! Come! Sit with us!" We take our seats across from them, and I set my hand on his thigh. After about 30 minutes of banter with the girls, I start getting bored. I rest my head on Rui's shoulder. After he finishes up his sentence, he turns to me. "Tsu? You okay, baby?"
My eyes close. "Yeah, just tired. After last night, and all." I smirk, as I feel his body warm up from embarrassment. The girls don't know what I mean, but he does.