• twentyfive • Birthday PT.2 •

El walked into the restaurant Mike following behind her. He didn't say a single word to her, sorta terrified of the behavior she just had in Benny's.

As he walked into the restaurants private room upstairs, he was greated with a bunch of people yelling Surprise and happy birthdays. Mike smiled widely thank everyone as El slipped away.

Will found her by the treats table as he figured he would.

"How'd you get him here?" He asked getting her attention.

El spun around shaking her head

"I exploaded, screamed, made a scene at Benny's, told him he had to choice but to follow me. I wasn't gonna let him miss this and hang out with her making me look like a fool..." She sighed.

"Ellie... You know how much he loves you.." will whispered.

El sighed "But feelings change Will... Maybe he just feels like he has too because I moved here... I get it, but, if he doesn't feel like he said he did I wish he'd tell me.."

"El... Ive known Mike for years... I can tell he's deeply in love with you, I think something's just bothering him"

El nodded walking away.

~~~~

Mike smiled looking around, everything was perfect, all his friends, his favorite foods, music, decorations in his favorite colors.

He spent most his time with Dustin and Lucas. Max coming in and out at times.

It was present time. Mike wasn't a huge gift guy but he felt appreciated. He got a lot of stuff, games for his gaming systems, clothes, gift cards, Eddie got him some nice gutair picks for his old gutair. Then came time for the last gift, it was huge. Eddie handed it to him winking. He looked up scanning the room for El. She was leaning against a table with her arms crossed looking sad while watching him. He sighed and opened it with a gasp. It was perfect. Exactly what he had been saving up to buy. A beautiful electric gutair.

Eddie smiled "You got yourself a keeper there Wheeler, made me go out and buy you the best, and she made sure it was the newest model" z

Mike smiled sadly and looked for El who had now dissapeared.

He did it again.

Everytime everything was so perfect he screwed it up.

He needed to thank her.

El had walked away into the bathroom. She loved Mike. Of course she did. He was everything she ever wanted. But everything kept getting messed up.

Max exited one of the stalls.

"That bad huh?" She asked washing her hands

"I just can't believe he ran right to her. Her of all people. What if I didn't go there, what would have happened"

"El .. that boy is crazy for you... "

"That's what everyone keeps saying but he's not! He was with his ex and wouldn't come see me! Hes losing interest!"

~~~

Eddie invited Mike up to play with him and so he accepted.

El walked out sitting at a back table alone. She took a sip of her drink looking up towards the stage. There he was. In all his perfection. Leather jacket, messy jet black hair, gutair on him, concentrated. His voice perfect, and soft. Her eyes teared up watching him and then he looked up from his gutair locking eyes with her.

She sighed giving him a small smile.

The song had ended and that's when Mike took the main mircophone.