Aftermath

Wanda throws up a shield to protect the others from Ariannas loss of power and another shield to try and slow her fall, Arianna hits the ground with a bone rattling thump, Steve runs over and gathers her up in his arms.

"Come on, Honey" Steve urges "open your eyes, let us know you are okay"

"They have them" Arianna whispers "They experimented... moved around... froze..." Arianna begins to sob and her voice breaks, she buries her head against Steves chest as he pulls her closer.

"Shh, baby its okay" Steve soothes "Well get him back, we will help him!"

"We know where he is, lets go now!" Clints states impatiently "Bust into that place and kick their asses!"

"I cant" Ariannas muffled voice sounds from where shes still burrowed into Steves chest "I have nothing left right now"

"Steve, take Ari back to her room" Tony suggests softly "She needs to rest"

"And what the hell are the rest of us supposed to do?" Sam asks angrily

"We come up with a plan to not only get Bucky back but get rid of Hydra as well" Bruces calm trails on the air

"Here, Steve, give her to me" Loki says softly as he takes Ari from Steves arms "Ill take her up, you help the others"

Arianna curls into Lokis arms as he carries her back to the compound, feeling broken and drained "What they did to him, they hurt him, Loki, broke him all over again..."

"They will pay for it all, Starlight" Loki vows as he lays her down in her bed "Rest now..." He sends her into sleep.

Arianna wakes up in her room and bolts up, getting dizzy, it takes her a second to realize shes not alone. Wanda is sitting in the corner just looking at her. Arianna gives her a weak smile. "Wanda, hey, thanks for the assist earlier" Arianna runs a hand through her hair, letting out a long breathe "Im a little fuzzy but I remember you slowing me down."

"Anytime, but..." Wanda begins as she comes to sit next to Ari on the bed "You cant pull a stunt like that again. You almost didnt make it back."

"But I did and now we know where Bucky is" Arianna says stubbornly "When are we leaving to get him?"

"Everyone is assembling downstairs, we're just waiting on you." Wanda says shaking her head "There is no way anyone would dare leave you behind."

"Well the wait is over" Arianna jumps up and rushes to get dressed. Shes in and out of her closet in 10 minutes "Lets go!" She rushes out of the room with Wanda right behind her. Arianna finds Tony and Bruce in the lab goofing off and the rest of the Avengers milling around, waiting.

Tony pokes Bruce with his pen "Cut that out, Tony!" Bruce yells, slapping at Tonys hand. "Hey, Arianna, glad to see you're up." Bruce turns toAri with-a smile "The-jet is prepped and ready to go. We are just getting some last minute coordinates."

"Okay sleeping beauty" Tony says and pulls up a map on his system "We scoped out the area and figured out Bucky is being held in this area of the compound." He points to a cluster of buildings on the map.

"Its heavily guarded and its going to take all of us to break him out." Steve adds as he walks up to Ari giving her a quick squeeze.

"What if he doesnt come peacefully?" Sam ask quietly

"Thats a really good question" Loki asks as he and Clint enter the room.

"I vote Ari goes in for him, with us as back up" Clint say as as he grabs his equipment "She will bring him back one way or another."

"Hes coming home tonight" Arianna says determinedly "If hes resistant, then ill just have to persuade him."

Everyone loads up in the jet, Arianna takes Lokis hand and gives it a hard squeeze "Before this all goes down, I just want to say thank you, for having my back."

"Always, Starlight" Lokis says squeezing her hand