Blast From The Past

Arianna and Cassie are still hugging and crying, talking a mile a minute as Tony comes over to them "Ari, how do you know our new recruit?"He asks looking between the two.

Arianna pulls away from Cassie but keeps an arm around her as she answers Tony "Cassie was my best girlfriend when we were kids" Ari lays her head on Casies shoulder as she continues "We haven't seen each other in years, she moved away from Andormeda when we were just teenagers."

"I cant believe you are here and part of the Avengers!" Cassie exclaims

Ari looks away from Tony and into her childhood friends shimmering eyes "You can say I sort of fell into it but how did Tony manage to recruit you and from where?"

"I was helping Carol with some issues on smaller planets" Cassie replies "Tony contacted her about what was happening with Ultron and she sent me to try and help clean up the aftermath."

Before either of them could say anything else, a metal arm encircles Aris waist. Bucky kisses the top of her head, pulling her a little closer "Who's your friend, Trouble?"

Ari leans into his embrace and smiles "This is my best girlfriend from childhood, Cassie" Ari then turn to Cassie introducing Bucky to her "Cassie, this handsome solider here is my Bucky, James Buchanan Barnes"

Cassie smirks atAri as she turn to Bucky "Nice to met you, Aris Bucky" She turns back to Ari "Nicely done, babe" She winks

Bucky gives Ari a little smirk of his own and leans in to touch his lips with hers. Just then Loki walks by and does a double take at the sight of Cassie and Ari togther.

"Cassie?!" Loki exclaims

"Oh my Gods!" Cassie runs over to him and hugs him tight "Mischief!"

"what are you doing here?" Loki asks as he holds her at arms lengths "Its been years" He tweaks her nose

Cassie swats at his hands playfully, she hated when he did that " Im the newest Avenger! I cant tell you how happy I am that both of you are here" Cassie bounces up and down as she pulls both Loki and Ari into another tight hug "Where is Thor? You two are never too far from each other."

As if on cue Thor walks up to the group "Hey Ari,  Loki, whose your friend? She looks like our old friend Cassie" Thor says smiling as he looks at them

Cassie rolls her eyes and laughs "Thor I am Cassie, you dumbass!" She hugs him  "You always did have more beauty than brains!"

Thors eyes widen "Hey, Cassie!"Thor hugs her back,hard"Ive missed you, no one else had the balls to talk to the God of Thunder that way!" He let her go but kept an arm around her shoulders "How have you been?"

"Good, Ive been busy" Cassie answers"helping Carol across the universe and now im here to train with the Avengers"

"I am so happy you are here!" Ari exclaims,she hugs Cassie again "ive missed you so much!"

Cassie, Ari and the others are just enjoying the party and talking with everyone as Steve finally makes his way over to the group. "Going to introduce me to your friend, Trouble?"

"Steve, this is Cassie" Ari smiles still incredulous of having her there, "Cassie, this is Captain America himself, Steve Rogers"

"Nice to meet you Cassie" Steve smiles as he extends his hand. The group resumes their conversations as the party dwindles down, by the end of the night the only remaining guests are the Avengers, Ari and Cassie. Cassie is telling everyone about her adventures off planet with Captain Marvel.

"At one planet we came across a group calling themselves The Guardians of the Galaxy." Cassie rolls her eyes "what a bunch of a-Holes! But they did turn out to be pretty cool in the end."

"you did so much once you left,I know it was hard being in andromeda after your parents died" Ari rubs Cassies arm in comfort "but man I missed you like crazy, cas!"

"I missed you too, it was like apart of me was missing"Cassie pats Aris hand "I missed home too, it will be nice to get back and visits everyone!"

The room goes quiet and everyone looks at Ari, Cassie looks at everyone's somber faces and then Back atAri,a chill running down her spine "what happened, Arianna?"

Aris voice is low and soft "Andromeda is gone, everyone is dead" Ari says flatly "My family,our people, Hela wiped them out a year ago"

"My gods!" Cassie breathes "Ari, how,why? Its all gone?" she sits down, unable to say anything else.

"Hela came looking for me, Loki and Thor sent me through the bifrost before she could find me" Ari sits next to Cassie as she continues to explain what she can "They tried to save everyone but it was too late"

Cassie jumps up enraged "We need to go after her, make her pay!' Cassie demands "Destroy her,the way she destroyed everyone else!!"

Ari is silently crying "I already did, Cassie" Ari says quietly "I trapped her in the other, sealed it in blood, she will never see the light of day ever again. Its over"

"Oh honey" Cassie sits back down embracing Ari"Im so sorry! Here I am raging and you lost your whole family, your home!"

"Its okay"Ari leans into the hand that Cassie rubbed against her cheek "I lost one home and family but found another just a strong." Ari turns to look at all the faces surrounding her"And I love each and everyone of them."

"And we love you, babydoll!" Bucky smiles and hands her another drink, clinking his glass to hers.  Slowly everyone starts calling it a night. Ari stays behind as she stands out on the balcony the cool night air caressing her skin, she smiles when Bucky finds her, wrapping his strong arms around her waist from behind and placing a soft kiss on her neck....