THE RENEVATION

Y/ns Pov
I opened my eyes, to see Lydia infront of me, she was awake and she was looking at my face.

She blushed a bit, I did too.
I quickly got up from nerves and Lydia grabbed clothes and walked out into my bathroom.

I grabbed clothes and started changing to. But she walked in on my with my top of, I hid behind the open door of my closet.

"Oh, am sorry" she  said and grabbed her shoes.

She then walked out of the room.
I stopped hiding behind my closet door and walked out from behind it.

I looked for a dress I wanted to wear, it was my mother's when she was younger. It was checkard green and white.

I then grabbed a green cardigan and put it on, then my green converse

I then grabbed a green cardigan and put it on, then my green converse. Pastels really are my colour.

I walk out and crash into Lydia, she was still at the door,
We heard Delia shouting at people, who were taking things away.
I looked at Lydia and she just grabbed my hand, pulling me with her.

She started taking pictures of the construction. "I don't in the slightest find this adequate" I say annoyed.

The person was lifting her statue with a crane, it was a massive one.

She kept yelling 'put it down' and the man did, but she got trapped behind it.

I started giggling, so did Lydia.

She said "DO YOU THINK, I want to DIE LIKE THIS" her voice cracking.

Lydia looked at the open window in the attic. I looked where she was looking too.

"My parents always have the cockloft windows closed" I explained.

We hear a car, we walk over to it and it's Jane.

She gave me a skeleton key, "Shouldn't you gave have gave this locked opener to my parents like, 6 years ago" I asked.

"Well I was just made. But give it to her dad, it openes any door in the house" Jane explained.

"Wanna try open the attic again. Or should I say cockloft ?" Lydia asked. "Sure. Call it whatever you want" I say shrugging.

We run into the house, avoiding the men doing there job, and walk up the cockloft stairs.

She opened it this time. But, like before, she couldn't seem to.

We then hear a television go off. It sounded like a cowboy? Rip off of it anyway.

Lydia stopped when she heard it, we look at eachother and as it ends after 2 minutes, she tries again.

She then stopped, after a few seconds, the key came out the door hole.

I pick up the key and I look up at Lydia as she looks down at me crouched on the floor.

I get up from my crouched position on the ground, and then a green light shown through the door.

Me and Lydia, are both shocked and look at eachother.
It then disappeared.

So we then decide to leave.

Lydia and i walk to where her dad is.
"Dad!" Lydia shouted, spooking him
"Can't you see I'm relaxing?" He asked.
"Looks to me you just aggrieved, so I don't think thats really relaxed" I say smiling slightly.

"Huh what's wrong?" He asked.
"I want to tell you watch we saw" she says. "What is the point of coming up here if you people wont let me relax?" He remarks. "Pumkin... sweetheart" he kisses her cheek, "Go help your mother" he said, pushing us away.

"Maybe you can relax in a haunted house, but we cant" Lydia says .

We walk off and Lydia says ,"We need a knife" "I have one in my room" I say.
She looks at me confused ,"Incase of a break in, or a demon Cones out my mirror" I say, and she sighs, nodding.

I go grab it, and hand it to her. We walk up the cocklofts stairs and she puts the knife in the key hole, she then, pushes her palm into it hardly, making it creak open.

We walk in and Lydia looks amazed by the buildings made, by my parents.

"Cool right?" I asked.
"Ya" she mutters. She sees the lights-switch and turns it on.

The little fairy lights above the little town bringing light to the gloomy room.

I wipe a tear, as I can just remember my father, mother and I working on it as a family together.

"You okay?" Lydia asked. "Ya, ya I'm good, just um.. memories" I say looking at it, my eyes followed to the graveyard.
The tombstone was knocked over.

I quickly fixed it and it was perfect again.

"Whats this?" Lydia asked seeing a book.
She picked it up and sat down on something that was covered in a white cloth.

"I never seen that book before, I've read every single novel in this house, I'm homeschooled, that's why" I explained and she nodded.

I look over her shoulder, and lean my head on it, so I can read it too.

"The handbook for the recently deceased" is what I red on the front of the book.

I look at Lydia and she looks at me, our faces  were really close, I pull away a bit, and she  mutters  "Ghosts?" "Phantoms" I mutter.

We both leave and go to our room.
And we start to read the book more.