DAY-O | ADAM AND BARBARAS POSSESSION

IF U CANT REMEMBER THE SCENE OR JUST HAVENT WATCH BEETLEJUICE IN A LONG TIME, FEEL FREE TO WATCH THE VIDEO ATTACHED TO THIS CHAPTER.. THANK YOU<3

Y/ns Pov
As I greeted the guests, i get a sickly feeling in my stomach, like something bad will happen. I brush it off and sit beside Lydia. Lydia is wearing her signature black dress.

"What you did with the place is wonderful" a woman, who I don't know says.
"Not me. Them" I hear Charles mutter.

"So?" Delia asks, looking back at her sculptures.  Hideous things, might I add.

The man struggles to find words, I hold in my laughter pretty well

I can tell Lydia wanted to aswell.

"You like them " Delia says giddily
The man just nods and make a 'mmm' sound.

"I hope it wasn't yet another of your dreary suicide attempts" Otho, or whatever his name was says.
"You know what they say about people who commit suicide? In the afterlife, they become civil servants" He gossiped.

Making everyone laugh, exept me, Lydia and the woman who was next to Lydia.
"Otho, I didn't realise you were into the supernatural" the man that Delia was asking about her sculpture says .

"Of course! You remember. After my stint with the living Theater... I was one of New York's leading paranormal researchers... until the bottom dropped out in '72" he bragged.

"Paranormal? Is that what they're calling your kind these days?" The woman that Otho was talking to about suicide not to long ago states.

Everyone goes silent for a second, but Otho says ,"Don't mind her. She's still upset that somebody dropped a house on her sister" nobody laugs, but Delia does, its of course, now akward.

"Well, this looks really good " Charles says, about the food. "We saw some ghosts" Lydia says. I nod my head.

Delia giggles ,"Its a private joke Y/n, Lydia and I share" "it's not a joke" Lydia says sounding a bit sad.

"Yes, it is. Just today they both tried to convince me this house is haunted " Delia says laughing.

"Kids! You know, I love em" Delia said, Lydia rolls her eyes, and she grabbed my hand, from under the table.

I hold her hand aswell, and she rests our hands on my left thigh.

I look at her, a pink colour, rushing up my cheeks.
"Maitland girl, your pretty, what's the lovelife  like?" Otho asked me.
"Oh, um, I am available, so. Odd question I must say" I say looking at Otho.

"Curiosity is a thing" he said eating his shrimp. "I'd like to make a toast to our intrepid friends...who braved the expressway and two dozen tollbooths
to be with us. May your buildings go condo" Charles said, raising his cup of beer, or champagne, I wasn't quite sure which.

"Now Lydia,y/n, favour us about your ghosts" Otho says. "No! I am sick of that subject " Delia said, putting down her cup. "Oh Delia, lighten up" Otho said.
"I would rather talk about..." she pauses thinking of an answer.

But she says ,'Dayyyy-o' the same voice from the man who sang that song. Wait.. it was Father and Mother, they were possessing them.

"That's cute, Delia " Otho says, making me look at Lydia, the pink colour still on my cheeks. She smirks at me and I blush more, but nod, she knows what's happening too.

Charles looks under the table, me and Lydia quickly let our hands go.

He comes back up from under it, qnd Lydia instantly grabs my hand again.
Our hands, back where they where.

Then Charles rises up, then the guests and Otho started rubbing their faces with their napkins.

I look at Lydia shocked, Father and Mother learned a lot I guess.

Me and Lydia get up out of our chairs, our hands no longer interlocked.

Otho grabs the bucket of ice, and he dumps it out, then starts using the bottom of it like it was a drum, hitting it every so often.

A/n
I'm finding it quite difficult to describe their dancing, so I'm going to skip it to the end of it, sorry in advance <3

Lydia's Pov
They all sat back down, still under possession. The shrimp turns into a hand and it grabs their faces, then pushes them away, making them all fall of the chairs, to the floors.

I pull y/n back, as the chair almost came into contact with her. I felt her tense up a bit, but I brush it off.

Then it's no more singing or dancing.

They made me and y/n go up and get them. Me and y/n run up the stairs, her face is full of worry, I grab her hand and we wall up, as she calls it the 'cockloft'.
The way she uses her wors is so different and unique... and adorable, like her.

I knock on the door ,"Its us, Lydia and
y/n" I say, and the door opens, revealing Barbara and Adam.

"They want you to come downstairs. Delia says you can wear whatever sheets you want " I say, and walk down with y/n, our hands still together.

"It was like being in an amusement park" we heard Charles shout from downstairs, he sounded so thrilled.
We let go before going downstairs completely

"Ah ah ah, here's Lydia and y/n. Well?" He asked looking around.
"They don't want to come down " y/n said.

They all started walking towards us, Otho in front of them all ,"Why not?" He asked. "They were trying to traumatise you out of the house, but you didn't get frighten in the slightest " y/n explained.

The way she used her words in that sentence, got me kicking my feet.

"Oh, please they're dead. It's a little lateto be neurotic" Delia scoffs.
She looks a everyone and they look at her with raised eyebrows .

"All right" a man said, handing something to Delia, and walking away with everyone else, exept Otho, herself and Charles.

"This wasn't a hallucination. It was real!" She said, chasing after them.

A/n
Hey guys<3
Since I uploaded alot today, I only have a few chapters to write in this book.
Also stay tuned for the

infinty war Natasha romanoff x fem reader book, it will be the 23rd.
I'll see you guys tomorrow and thank you for reading my book/books <33