Two

Chapter 2

Chapter 2
.
.
.
The inslaved Princess
.
.
.

It has been a few days since I've been locked up in my room, or at least I think it has been. I lost track of time.

Locked up, just like dear old dad instructed.

It's been ages since I had last seen Shoto, so I'm assuming he wasn't allowed to see me either. In complete honesty, I was losing my mind little by little. The only people I've seen were maids and tailors to take my measurements for dresses and bring me meals, which I stubbornly refused to eat, but gave in once I felt like dying of hunger yesterday.

I might not be allowed to leave my room but I'm still allowed on my balcony. So, here I stood, leaning against the railing, gazing out at the Kingdom I had no idea about. I wasn't allowed outside the castle ground except if I had to provide public speeches to 'maintain my public figure' as my parents would say. It really was a shame that it was so isolated and corrupt, it would've been beautiful had it not been those things.

My balcony was high enough up to see s fraction of what lied beyond the walls. I could see treetops.

They were coated with beautiful yellow flowers that resembled the sun.

Sometimes, when wind blew hard enough, they would come land on my balcony floor and scatter all over the village area. I even collected some of them and had pressed them between the pages of my books and kept them there as hope.

Hope that I would be able to pick them off the trees with my own hands one day, instead of waiting till they reach me.

There must be tons of other flowers out there. I had made it one of my main bucket list missions to collect all kinds of them someday.

I smiled softly at the thought of being able to see all kinds of new flowers. Were there blue ones too? Red ones? I wanted to know.

However, realization dawned on my and my smile dropped as the reality of my current situation hit me like a brick.

Right... I am not allowed to leave. Nor will I ever be allowed to. I had no freedom. No making my 'own choices', remember? My life was layed out. I could do nothing more.

Wait.

My smile reappeared.

I had a plan.

~~~~~~

[Later that evening]

Night soon fell and the moon shone over the village. The plan was put into haste because my coronation was coming up and time was running out. I had to act quick and smart, otherwise I mught get caught. My plan had to take place tonight, or it might never work.