Four

Chapter 4

Chapter 4
.
.
.
Traveling buddies
.
.
.

"Dad please, you can't do this! I'm sorry..." I pleaded, tears streaming down my face. "You are no daughter of mine. You're a disgrace to the royal family, (Y/n)."

"All I ever wanted was for you to understand me! That's all I ask for!"

I was a teenage girl with dreams that her parents couldn't understand no matter how much I tried to explain. My parents expected me to rule an entire Kingdom at the age of 18.

"Your dreams are ignorant and stupid. They won't get you anywhere in life." My dad said his eyes not leaving mine for a second. All I could see was anger, disappointment, hate...

"NO!" I sobbed, tears streaming down my face. "You're expecting too much from me, oarents are supposed to support their childre-"  A loud slap echoed across the entire room. My left cheek stung and a faint mark appeared.

I looked up at him with fear in my eyes. He raised his hand again to make sure I didn't speak again.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I gasped for air as my eyes shot open. I immediately sat up. My chest heaving and sweat trickled down my forehead. My eyes flicked around, observing my surroundings. I wasn't in my room. It was dark. Really dark. However, there was a small fire busy dying out next to me. My eyes trailed to two other figures slightly illuminated by the last bit of light that radiated off the heat source. They layed sprawled out next to eachother on the opposite side of me.

Then I remembered.

Oh, right. I ran away from home and ended up in a cave with two boys, who seemed to be around my age now that I think about it...

They seemed like really nice people... Well Kirishima was... Bakugou, not so much...

The realization hit me that I had nowhere to go in the morning after they tell me to leave. I also didn't know where to go. I ran away in search for an adventure. I just didn't think I would have so much trouble finding it.

These people offered me a place to sleep without even knowing me. They probably don't need another mouth to feed anyway.

I stood up quietly and wandered to the entrance of the cave. It was still dark out...

Bakugou and Kirishima were still asleep when I left. Or atleast I thought they were.

My mind was racing, millions of thoughts were speeding through my brain. This was all so overwhelming... I was looking for adventure my whole life... but at what cost? Starting an argument with my parents? Leaving my best friend? Running alone into a forest I know nothing about, with a stolen gemstone?