Thirteen

Chapter 13

Chapter 13
.
.
.

Erase my past and write my future.
.
.
.

Enji had left me to wallow in a pool of self loathing. I didn't know whether to hate him, or myself more. How could I have let this happen? I had been selfish and impulsive, I ran away from home, got myself captured and somehow got my father poisoned due to my actions.

I wasn't entirely to blame though.

Enji was out of his mind. Everything about that man was twisted, using his own son for power? Is this the reality of parenting? Giving life to an individual just to use them for your own selfish desires? He planned Shoto's life out like a pawn in a game of chess. Stripped his rights to ever have dreams of his own and forced him to follow in his footsteps?

If that is the standards for being a good parent then I would rather not have children at all. To damage a child so much is absolute torture... Shoto deserves more than that bastard ever gave him.

I deserved better too.

Being a princess had its stepping stones to complete insanity.

The memories were flickering in my head like some sick movie of my past.

Memories of all the strict diets and weight loss measures taken. The echoing of slaps making my ears ring. I instinctively brought a hand up to my cheek, to where my father's disrespect was casted once upon a time.

Then I thought about Bakugou- about his parents. Were they good people, or were they also following the twisted syllabus of our parenting system?

I wish I could ask.

I wonder if I'll see him again.

Soulmates.

He said that, correct? We were soulmates?

When he first admitted to those legends of the DragonStone, I didn't think they were entirely true. I thought maybe this was one huge joke, like I had all the previous times my parent talked about the forest's impurities.

In fact, it was almost so funny I felt like bursting into a fit of laughter because-

Of course something like this would happen to me.

I never had choices. Not now, not ever. Everything had always been decided for me. What to wear, how I should eat, what I do today, what I do tomorrow. Hell, what I would do 3 years from now. Everything was set out for me, planned to the last detail. My speeches were written and reviewed for me, none of it was ever my own words, never my own opinions. It was only ever words people wanted the world hear. The townsfolk didn't know me. They knew the perfect porcelain puppet called the king's daughter that was being controlled like she had no right to be herself. They didn't know me or my father. If they truly knew him- what he did -they wouldn't be following his orders so willingly.