Three

Chapter 3

Chapter 3
.
.
.
Cave of an outsider
.
.
.

If it were normal circumstances I should be enjoying running through the woods like a maniac after 17 years of imprisonment.

However, this isn't normal circumstances.

I was running from away from an entire Kingdom with a stolen gemstone that my best friend gave me with absolutely nowhere to go and no clue where I was going.

It was still pitch black outside and I could see the small yellow flowers slowly raining down from the trees. I only wish I could have enjoyed this more, but all I could think about was Shoto...

Is he okay? Did my dad hurt him?

I didn't know the answers and it was messing with my head.

My feet felt like they were going to break off if I didn't take a break, but I couldn't stop without finding a place to hide out for the night. Otherwise they would find me. The Knights are probably looking for me as we speak.

Suddenly I realized just how tired I was.

It did make sense since I've been running for 30 minutes and didn't once take a break.

Adrenaline makes you do some crazy shit.

A large cave came into view and I let out a sigh of relief.

This is the closest thing to home that I could find right now. I left everyone. Everything. The comfort of my bed was no longer a privilege to me. I had little to no food and a singular can of water. This was going to be harder than I thought, and without Shoto or anyone to keep me company, I felt completely alone.

A cool breeze hit the back of my neck and I shivered. I quickly ran towards the cave, my legs almost giving in before I even got there.

When I reached the inside I instantly collapsed against a rock and slid down by my back.

Reality slowly set in and spilled through my eyes.

I've been crying a lot recently, haven't I?

Maybe it's just because there's so much to cry about. My parents kind of disowned me. I was never happy and always locked up like a prisoner, when in reality I was a Princess. Oh, and let's not forget my only dream being denied by said 'ex-parents', causing them to put me under complete lockdown and leaving me with only one option.

To run away.

I did just that. Not without help from Shoto of course.

If he was here right now he would probably say something to try and cheer me up.

Just once I want something to go right tonight...

My mental breakdown was interrupted by a loud growl from deeper into the cave.