YOLO

Michael

You Only Live Once

There was this girl who always pass through our street. She wore a gray hoodie, ripped jeans and vans.

Every time she passes by she would glance at our house would shook her head and would always looked surprised. I don't know... If she was surprised or not. Can be...?

One time, The girl and a boy ran into each other and the boy knocked her things.

"She seems nice." Michael thought.

The girl crouched down and started to help the boy.

Michael took the chance to see her face clearly.

She wore make-up but it didn't covered the bags under her eyes. He thought that if she didn't wore too much make-up she would look simply pretty.

He let his sight sink in the girls features.

"Stop staring, it's rude. " the lady said monotonously and met the boy's gaze. She looked surprised at one moment but regained her quiet composure and ignored him.

The moment our eyes met, I felt like I can get lost in it. There was something in her eyes, like it holds the deepest secrets. It was mesmerizing.

"You're doing it again." she said. As cliche as it was, their fingers brushed. She flinched.

'Whoa, what was that...' taking in the unusual feeling that I got from the brushing of our fingers.

The girl stared blankly at his hand.

"I'm sorry... Here" the boy gave the things to the girl. Which in return, took by the girl. She stood up, brushed the invisible dust on her clothes and took a last look at Michael before walking away along with the lad.

Michael tried to get her name but failed.

It was then after that serendipitous encounter, oftentimes Michael would wait at the hallway pretends that he was passing by just to see her. Even on the way home but neither the two of them would approach the other.

Michael got even more curious to the girl than he ever was. When he tried to approach her she would walk on the other side of the hallway or she would go inside the nearest two-door classroom and then walk out to the other side just to avoid him.

He even took the subjects the girl has just to talk to her. But to no avail, the girl always ignored him or pretended that he didn't exist.

Michael didn't gave up.

"She's a challenge, like a difficult stage on a game where your opponent is the boss." he once said to his mate, Calum but he didn't reply.

*Oh dear, if that is what you are to him you would rather remain a mystery.

The deeper you get into the woods,

the more difficult it is to get out. *

His friends Ashton, Luke, Calum continued walking to Ashton's house chatting on their way and Michael remained quiet. Michael's thoughts were swirling around the girl.

She wouldn't leave his mind.

She liked it when only she knew about the things that revolved around her mind.