Your Mother

*Both of you are 6 year old.

Luke

Your Mother

Little (nickname or name) just moved from (country) to Australia. It didn't bother her because she didn't have any friends from that place. Her only friend was a little blue stone. Her Grandmama gave it to her when she was 4. She always tucked her precious little stone inside her pocket. When she has no one to talk to she would fumble through her pocket,would take out the stone and would talk to it.

Little (nickname) sits infront of their porch at their new home. She was watching her mama, papa and three tall men wearing blue jumpers carry their things inside their house.

"This place is called Australia, where kangaroos are everywhere." little (n. Name) murmured to her stone. She turned her head sideways.

"But... I don't see one." she looked at her palm where the stone rested while swinging her feet.

Little Luke was watching the girl at their window. Mumma Liz saw Luke staring at their window, she quietly snuck behind Luke to see what he was staring at.

"Oh, her name's (name), they just moved today. She's a shy girl just like you." Mumma Liz said.

Big brother Jack teased Luke.

"Luke is a mousey! Luke is a mousey! A girly a girly. " Jack circled around Luke.

Luke scowled.

"I am not." He pouted. A deep frown etched his face. Liz shook her head.

"I'm going to their place later, Do you wanna come? " Liz asked Luke. Luke was surprised. He quickly glanced at the little girl. He nodded.

They had a staring game.
The moment their eyes met, they continued staring at each other while holding their mumma's leg. Mumma (Mother's name) and Mumma Liz settled their children at the living room.

Little (n. Name) broke their staring game and brought out her stone.

"Look! He's a neighbor. Mumma and her mum are friends." she held the stone infront of Luke's face. Luke moved backwards, surprised by the girl's action.

She withdrew the stone infront of Luke back to her. She stared at the stone and back to Luke and back to the stone. She mumbled some words to the stone that Luke didn't quite understand.

'She's worse than me.' the little boy thought. He stared at the girl like she was from outer space. The girl noticed him staring which made the little boy cringe.

"Why are you staring at me?" She raised a brow at the boy and slightly tilted her head to the left. She looked at him with her innocent (e/c) orbs.

'c-c-cute... ' he thought. A tint of pink rose from his cheeks.

Little (n. Name) moved closer to Luke. She continued to stare at his blue orbs. Luke quickly covered his blushing cheeks.

"H-hey! W-w-why are you moving closer?" he blushed furiously. Little (n. Name) placed her hands at Luke's lap to prevent him from moving backwards. Blood went up to Luke's ears because of what (n. Name) did. She sat on Luke's lap. Her hands went to Luke's face. She made Luke face him. She inched closer to Luke's face. Luke was beyond surprised by her actions. He was cornered between two sofas.

"Your cheeks are red. Even your ears. " she said. She caressed his cheeks. She lightly tapped both her palms on Luke's cheeks which made his chubby cheeks bounce. She giggled. She returned from her seat. After that they remained silent for a while.

Luke stole a few glances at her every now and then. She was talking to the blue stone.

"You.." Luke started. He contemplated before speaking.

"You're.. Uh.." this made (n. name) look at him. Luke scratched the back of his head.

"You're weird." (n. Name) said.

"...but I like you" she continued.

"Then she smiled, that heart bursting, rain stopping, sweet smile." Luke tucked his son to his bed.

"really? " his son looked up to his blue orbs wearing that curious look. His son holding the old blue stone.

"yeah. That's how I fell in love with your mum." he patted his head.

"good night bud. Sweet dreams" he kissed his forehead and turned off the light