When you got a good thing

Michael

When you got a good thing

Everybody keeps telling me I'm such a lucky man
Lookin at you standin there I know I am
Barefooted beauty with eyes that blue
The sun shine sure looks good on you
I swear

New Year. The air is still cold and I've never felt so alone. I leaned at my window watching the snow fall while making myself warm with a cup of hot cocoa with marshmallows. As I did this, my mind began to wander.

How is he?

Oh I can't believe I finally found you baby
Happy ever after, after all this time
Oh there's gonna be some ups and downs
but with you to wrap my arms around
I'm fine

His mom texted me about him and his health so, I was worried. We always facetimed, call each other, text and skyped. For me, seeing him from the screen of my phone or my computer was enough for now. I understand our situation, I respect his hustle and I admire his dreams. As long as we both fill the gaps of the distance that seem to separate us, it's enough. For I know, he is mine and I am his alone.

It's hard to part every time they have to make their music and they were given just not enough time for vacation. Nonetheless, I knew he loved his boys, the fam and everything that comes with it. I don't usually bring this up to him but I envy the fam, they got to see him wherever they went, the concert or sometimes when they go out.

You know you keep on bringin out the best of me
And I need you now even more than the air I breathe
You can make me laugh when I wanna cry
This will last forever I just know, I know

Even if I want to be with him, I've got my own things too. So every time we have the chance to be with each other's arms, we treasure it very much.

I took a sip at my drink and let the warmth spread to my system. Oh, how I wish that he could be right here and spend the new year with me.

12 am. Happy New Year. I woke up because of the sound of my phone ringing. I groggily answered the phone without checking who it is.

"Happy New Year, my angel"

So baby, hold on tight
Don't let go
Hold onto the love we're making
Cause baby when the ground starts shakin
You gotta know when you've gotta good thing

Just his voice make me feel warm and fuzzy inside like the hot cocoa I just drank a while ago. Sweet but somehow strong.

"Michael"

"I got you a present though it's too late for 2015 christmas and too early for 2016 christmas. It's on your doorstep. I hope you like it."

So, I went downstairs and was surprised because it was lighted with candles and christmas lights only the kitchen wasn't lighted. I still haven't dropped his call but I remained silent. My heart was pounding so hard.

I twisted the doorknob and it revealed my Michael. He was wearing a black coat and it seemed like he was standing for so long in front of the house. I want to cry.

"Come here!!" I quickly let him inside the house and went to tackle him. He laughed. I love that laugh. I love him.

"Happy New Year!!! Pika! Pika!!" he said while acting like pikachu with pouting lips and baby seal eyes. I giggled and kissed him. He grabbed my hands and led it to his cold cheeks. He then proceeded to kiss my hands. He blew the candle lights and unplugged the lights off.

"Let's go" Where? I can't see anything. He held me in my shoulders and guided me. He fumbled to his phone and Lady Antebellum's When you Got a Good thing played.

He opened the refrigerator wide to be our light. His hands slid down to my hands and he put my hands into his shoulders. I circled my arms to his neck when his hands went down to my hips. We slow danced to the music.  He kissed my forehead as he whispered 'I love you' to me.

We got a good thing, baby, woah
So hold on tight
Baby, don't let go
Hold onto the love we're making
Cause baby when the ground starts shakin
You gotta know, oh you gotta know
Oh you gotta know, you gotta know
When you got a good thing