𝟓 | 𝐅𝐫𝐢𝐝𝐚𝐲 𝐅𝐮𝐧𝐤𝐢𝐧' (𝐏𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐈𝐈)

"Ooo my girl Carol's up!" Cherry exclaimed. "You go, girlfriend!" She cheered for the next competitor. A couple rounds had past since the start of the Friday Funkin' rap competition. The crowd was getting rowdy, with people constantly screaming and yelling at one another over whose team had won or lost in the last round. Some even cheered for their favorite singer to do well during battle rounds by throwing money into the ring when they were done performing.

Up next was a walking humanoid bomb waaayyy taller than any of us. He appeared to have a rest bitch face, turquoise hoodie, brown khakis and orange shoes. The bomb-man known as Whitty was going to be battling against an African-American woman about our age with an Afro the size of her head! She sported a casual look consisting of a long sleeved, grayish-lilac shirt underneath a grey T-shirt, blue jean shorts with black knee-high socks and black shoes. She appeared more relaxed and chill unlike Whitty.

As quick as the battle begun, the battle shortly ended with Carol taking the win. Leaving Whitty beyond furious as he let out an ear piercing cry. His orange sclera accompanied with shining, light yellow geometric shapes flashing on his eyes. Carol was fortunate enough to have calm the bomb-man enough to where he didn't explode in front of everyone (literally). The two made their way out of the area and into the crowd.

Round after round, competitors sung as if their lives were on the line. One of the battles that intrigued me was two little kids in Halloween costumes who went up against a Senior from a prestigious high school. He reminded me a lot of Aoyama from My Hero Academia given his attitude, but appeared more narcissistic and condescending. As the round progressed however, the student known as Senpai became more furious with the children for out-singing him. Eventually storming off in anger before the round even finished, leaving the two children as victors. They both Spooky-danced their way into the crowds, laughing happily at their win streak.

More competitors entered the ring and the starry sky became more apparent. The night's breeze caressed my cheeks as I found myself stargazing instead of watching the competitors rap. It wasn't that they were bad per say, I was just looking forward to Keith finally competing. "Hey Cher, when did you say Keith was going up again?" I asked, looking over to the auburn-haired girl. My hearing finally got back to normal after Whitty's piercing cries. She looked over to me, forming an O-shape with her lips. "Oh, he's going to be up next with Pico." Cherry answered with a smile. "Wait, really??" I asked, perking up a bit from hearing her response.

She giggled at my expression. "Yeah! Pico's been practicing nonstop since Keith told him about this competition." She placed her hand on my shoulder. "It's his first time here so maybe you could cheer him on?" "Wait me??" I gasped, eyes wide in shock. "Yeah! It's his first time performing in public Keith said since..." Cherry explained, pausing mid-sentence. "Never mind. I'm sure he'll appreciate the support though!" She said with a genuine smile.

I looked away from Cherry, spotting Keith's cyan hair amongst the crowds. At this point, the quick intermission that was happening was about to be wrapping up. "I guess it wouldn't hurt to give him some encouragement, right?" I replied, nodding my head as if agreeing with myself. As if on cue, the host entered the arena, spotting an all-white suit to match his curly, cloud shaped hair. "Attention everyone." He begun, speaking into the microphone he seized onto. "The final act will be performing now, please return to your spots."

The crowd began filing back out of the area, circling around the host. I gazed down in awe at the crowd, excited about what was to come. "You ready, [Y/N]?" Cherry asked, looking down amongst the crowd as well. Equally as excited about the upcoming battle. "Hell yeah!" I yelled, forming a fist with my hands as I grinned.