𝟑𝟏 | 𝐀𝐰𝐚𝐤𝐞𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠 (𝟏𝐬𝐭/𝟑𝐫𝐝 𝐏𝐞𝐫𝐬𝐨𝐧 𝐏𝐎𝐕, 𝐓𝐖 ⚠️)

(Nightmares, Abuse, Panic Attack Trigger Warning! Read at your own risk!)

(Perspective Change midway, watch out for change in POV (1st to 3rd POV) It was easier for me to write the Panic Attack I wanted to illustrate in 3rd Person than 1st since I haven't experienced it before.)

[B/N] = Brother's Name
[E/C] = Eye Color

****

I strolled through the narrow and empty hallway, hearing nearby shouting from one of the rooms. I raised a brow, approaching the door as the screaming got louder. Mom...? Dad? I looked down, noticing the door was cracked open the slightest bit. I grabbed onto the cold, metallic doorknob and slowly opened the door to my parents' bedroom.

A loud crack followed suit, as I laid eyes on my mother on the floor in tears. She held onto her left hand as my father grasped onto her blouse, midway lifting her up before he snapped his attention to me. "Mommy...?" I mumbled with a quivering lip, gripping onto the doorknob.

My father growled, baring his teeth at me as he threw my mother to the ground. Her head banged against the wooden dresser as he formed a fist with his hand. "You little shit." He sneered lowly, stomping towards me.

I stood wide eyed, watching as he got closer. My breathing got heavier as he grabbed the collar of my shirt in a matter of seconds. Lifting me off the ground and slamming my body against the wall. "Let me go!" I pleaded through the pain, my vision blurring as I struggled out of his grasp. "Daddy, let me go!"

"Mom! [B/N]! Help!" I screamed, tears streaming down my face. I felt my body get slammed into the wall once more, emitting further cries that mixed with unintelligible voices. "Shut up!" He screamed, his voice gruff and filled with venom. "Enough of this nonsense!"

I let out a trembling whimper as I opened my half-lidded eyes, only to find he was mere inches away from my face. Our noses almost touching. "You listen here, bitch." He said lowly, his breath reeking of Budweiser. "I've had to deal with your pathetic ass for eight years. Don't make me want to deal with you for more. Because you'll be living a life of hell alongside your pitiful mother and siblings. Understood?"

I stayed silent, trying to steady my breathing as I gazed fearfully at him. "UNDERSTOOD?" I flinched from the abrupt yelling, gulping nervously as I nodded. "Y-Yes!" I said shakily. I could feel his wicked smile beneath me, his grip loosening on my shirt before he threw my body across the hall.

****

[Y/N] jerked awake, flinging open her eyes in a panic. A flash of gold caught her vision for a split second as she darted her eyes around the shadowed room, panting heavily. Searching for anything that seemed familiar to the petrified woman. "Another nightmare..." She muttered in frustration minutes later, gazing down to her lap. The sliminess of her cold sweat registering in her scrambled mind. "Crap..." [Y/N] groaned, dragging the duvet tiredly off her body before she swung herself out of bed. A small shiver crept up her spine as the hardwood floors made contact with her bare feet.

She trailed leisurely down the dimmed hallway to the bathroom, keeping a hand on the neighboring wall for support. Having focused on the floor, her gaze then turned to the white wooden door to her right. [Y/N] hummed in confusion, arching a soft brow at the sight of a faint yellow light cast upon the surface. Choosing to ignore it as she steadily opened the door. Her footsteps echoing against the tiles as she entered the vast, dark space.