Chapter 1 - Trial

Monokuma: "Now then, it's trial time! Discuss whatever you want, however you want, and at the end you'll all vote for who you think is the blackened. If you're right, the blackened will be punished and the killing game will continue, but if you're wroooong, then the blackened will be allowed to leave and I'll punish everyone else! Will you make the right choice? Or the dreadfully WRONG one?!"

>GROUP TRIAL: ALL RISE!<

Kyoko: "First, we should establish the order of events."

Edelgard: "On the night of the murder, after nighttime was declared, Professor and I had a discussion."

Byakuya: "She told you she was meeting someone in the dining hall, correct?"

Edelgard: "Yes, and she said she'd leave her door open if something happened."

Chara: "But her door wasn't open, I had to break it!"

Samus: "It would seem the killer closed the door themselves, meaning they were aware of Byleth's plan..."

Godot: "When the Professor arrived at the dining room, though, no one was there."

Charlie: "The killer must have been waiting under a table."

Link: "And because of the body's positioning, she must have turned around, and been struck from behind."

Godot: "And the murder weapon was found at the scene... probably."

Hop: "Probably?"

Kyoko: "The truth is, the weight we found at the scene, while suspicious, may not have been the actual weapon."

Maya: "Ah, it's completely clean! But... why would someone clean it, but then just leave it there?"

Zelda: "Because... it was planted?"

Kyoko: "Hm?"

Zelda: "I mean, it makes sense, right? The only reason they'd leave it there is if they wanted it there."

Godot: "It must have been a trap, then, to make us think the weight was the real murder weapon when it was actually something more... incriminating."

Byakuya: "So, what was the weapon, then?"

Link: "I don't think we turned up anything... d-did we miss a clue?"

Kyoko: "I was afraid of this, our investigation must be incomplete..."

Dave: "Heheheh..."

Edelgard: "Do you have something to say?"

Dave: "Oh, it's nothing, please ignore me..."

Frisk: "That reminds me, everyone was accusing Dave when we were at the plaza. Why is that?"

Chara: "It's because the idiot signed his name on the note that brought Byleth to the dining room in the first place!"

Maya: "Seriously?!"

Dave: "It's like I said, I wrote the note and called her there, but I never even left my room."

Edelgard: "But... why?"

Dave: "It doesn't matter. Right now, there's a far more pressing matter."

Kyoko: "And that is?"

Dave: "The scene of the crime. You've deduced quite a lot from the body's positioning, but I think you've assumed a bit too much. Give it a second thought, alright?"