Chapter 3 - Trial

Monokuma: "Now then, it's trial time! Discuss whatever you want, however you want, and at the end you'll all vote for who you think is the blackened. If you're right, the blackened will be punished and the killing game will continue, but if you're wroooong, then the blackened will be allowed to leave and I'll punish everyone else! Will you make the right choice? Or the dreadfully WRONG one?!"

>GROUP TRIAL: ALL RISE!<

Byakuya: "Since we already know that there are two blackened, we should consider the two murders to be separate incidents."

Frisk: "So what do we discuss first?"

Samus: "The priority should be on the murder with the most evidence, so that we can quickly identify at least on blackened."

Godot: "And the one with the most evidence was Zelda's murder, correct?"

Hop: "Yeah, think so."

Byakuya: "In that case, first we should establish an order of events."

Godot: "From the evidence we found, we can assume Zelda was in the rec room playing air hockey with her killer, and was then attacked."

Samus: "One striker was found by her body, the other was missing, and the table was crooked."

Hop: "Yeah, it sure sounds like that's what happened."

Frisk: "But... that can't be right..."

Godot: "How so?"

Frisk: "I swear I saw Link and Zelda in the main plaza at around 3 PM."

Byakuya: "Does that matter? Her body was found at 3:50. Link's was found at 3:30. That's plenty of time for them to split off, and for Zelda to meet up with her killer in the rec room. You can even throw in a few games of air hockey in there."

Samus: "Still, it is something to keep in mind."

Hop: "I'm confused as to where the other striker could be. Did the killer take it with them?"

Godot: "That wouldn't make much sense. It wasn't the murder weapon, I can't imagine it held any evidence."

Frisk: "And another thing: what about the puck? I didn't see it on the table."

Byakuya: "That's because they were in the bin on the shelf next to the table. That's where they're usually stored."

Samus: "Wait, that can't be right..."

Byakuya: "Do you have an objection as well?"

Samus: "If there was a game of air hockey, and it was interrupted by an attack, wouldn't there be a puck in or on the table somewhere?"

Byakuya: "Well... that is true..."

Kyoko: ". . ."

Byakuya: "You look troubled, Kyoko. Is something amiss?"

Kyoko: "..."

Byakuya: "Oh, that's right, you refused to help in the investigation. So you're useless."

Gloria: "Don't talk to her like that, she's had a rough few days!"

Byakuya: "Oh, SHE'S had a rough few days? My apologies. I was trying to solve a double murder here, I didn't even realize you were sad. How could I-"

Gloria: "J-just shut up!"

Byakuya: "Fine. There's some more things to discuss, anyways. The air hockey setup is suspicious, but do you know what I find even more suspicious?"