Chapter 5 - Daily Life

--Kyoko's Room, 3:00 AM, Day 16--

It began with a knock at the door. Kyoko seriously did not want to answer it. Her room was a mess, created by a mixture of frustration and desperation for some sort of answer. The knock came again. She rolled over in bed, wishing it would go away. Once more the knock came, this time more aggressively.

Kyoko: "FINE!"

She stormed out of bed and ripped the door open. No one was there, just an envelope on the ground. There were faint bloodstains, so she knew who it was from, but it wasn't the usual note. She took it back into her room, tearing it open as she sat back on her bed. She began to read.

"Kyoko,

This may be a surprise, but I am disappointed. Do you know why I laid that trap? I wanted a battle, I wanted you to go all out, I wanted a challenge. That's why I chose you for this game, and not Hiro, Hina, Toko, any of them. Clearly I have overestimated you. So, let me help you out a little bit, so we can both get what we want.

I know that you've been on my trail, so don't discard your findings. That tablet has no lies within it, and you have my permission to use it however and wherever you wish. I will not interfere with that. Do not mistake this as an act of friendship, we are not friends. I simply refuse to let you quit so easily, I want you to grasp at every last straw...

Signed,

You know who~"

Upon finishing the letter, Kyoko's mood completely changed. Her humiliation at the trial wasn't a defeat, it was a challenge. A challenge straight from the Mastermind. She smirked, and looked straight at the camera.

Kyoko: "You want to fight? Then let's fucking fight."

--Dining Room, 7:30 AM, Day 17--

Godot, Frisk, Samus and Hop arrived at the dining hall, as they had agreed to do.

Godot: "I don't think it's necessary to ask if anyone's found anything."

Hop: "Where do we even start, mate?"

Samus: "Even though it was a trap, Kyoko was still the furthest ahead."

Frisk: "Maybe she was right, maybe it really is hopeless..."

???: "It's not hopeless at all."

The four of them turned to see Kyoko entering the room, Gloria's bag in hand.

Godot: "Wasn't expecting to see you so soon..."

Kyoko: "I've had a change of heart. Anyways..."

She reached into the bag and pulled out a tablet and a few pieces of paper.

Kyoko: "It's time I stop hiding everything. The Mastermind wants me to fight them as hard as I can, and to do that I'm going to need everyone's help."

Frisk: "What is this?"

Kyoko: "The tablet is the one that Gloria stole from Monokuma."

Samus: "It's okay to just have this out in the open?"

Kyoko: "I have permission. Speaking of which, the papers are notes that the Mastermind has sent me, or at least the ones I have. There are a few that I was asked to respond to, which I no longer have in my possession, but I remember what they said."

Hop: "You've been communicating with the Mastermind?!"

Kyoko: "Yes. Unfortunately, besides the letter I received last night, it's mostly just vague taunts."

Godot: "A letter? What did it say?"

Kyoko: "Before I get into that, where's Byakuya?"

...