Chapter 3 - Daily Life

--Hallway, 10:00 AM, Day 10--

It had been several days since Maya's trial, and what happened had shaken the survivors to their core. Perhaps that was why Monokuma had stepped back for a change. No new buildings had appeared, no new murders committed. Many of the survivors spoke to each other, and no one spoke to Kyoko. Those that tried were ignored. Eventually, while walking down the hall, Kyoko finally spoke.

Kyoko: "Hey, Gloria."

Gloria: "Ah, Kyoko! You're finally ready to talk to us?"

Kyoko: "I'm ready to talk to you. If you're willing to trust me, of course."

Gloria: "Of course I trust you!"

Kyoko: "Really? After what I did? After you put your life at risk for me, and I failed you?"

Gloria: "You didn't fail me! Besides, we're friends, we have to forgive each others' mistakes!"

Kyoko: "If you say so. Let's talk somewhere more private."

Gloria: "How about the arcade?"

Kyoko: "That sounds good."

--Arcade, 10:05 AM, Day 10--

Kyoko: "... I need your advice."

Gloria: "Oh! I... didn't expect that... but sure, go ahead!"

Kyoko: "If you had a thought that you knew was theoretically possible, but with that thought came implications that you simply reject the notion of, how would you handle that thought?"

Gloria: "... Please simplify."

Kyoko: "You have a theory that, if true, would hurt yourself and others. What do you do?"

Gloria: "Oh, I think I get it. So there are two options: find the truth and risk hurting everyone, or reject the theory and risk losing the truth."

Kyoko: "Exactly."

Gloria: "Well, it depends. How important is the truth, and how painful is the theory?"

Kyoko: "The truth is absolutely vital, but the theory being correct would mean I and everyone I know have been lied to."

Gloria: "Wow. Well, I'd say go for it, find the truth. If it's too much to reveal, ya can deal with that when ya get there."

Kyoko: "Thank you. I should've realized that myself, but, with the Mastermind and the recent trial, my head hasn't been in the right place."

Gloria: "Glad I could help!"

Kyoko leaned in and whispered.

Kyoko: "The cameras will be disabled at 3:00 PM tomorrow. Make your way to the locked room on the right side of the main building, there will be a code required to unlock it. Put in 11037. Once in the room, grab anything important and stuff it in your bag. Then leave the room and make sure it's locked. You will have 5 minutes to do this. If you succeed, bring me your bag whenever possible. Do not reveal the contents in front of the cameras. Do not tell anyone about this. Understood?"

Gloria: "... Um..."

Kyoko: "This is our only chance to outsmart the Mastermind. Everything else you can leave to me."

Gloria: "... Alright. I'll do it."

Kyoko: "Thank you. I wish I could've asked someone else, but I am not on good terms with the others. Good luck."