Chapter 2 - Daily Life

--Dining Room, 7:10 AM, Day 5--

As decided the night before, everyone ate breakfast together.

Dave: "Is there a reason we're all here, or is this just 'nice'?"

Byakuya: "I think there's some things we need to discuss, now that everyone is aware of how this game works. Namely, we need to start investigating."

Maya: "But no one's dead..."

Kyoko: "He means an investigation outside the game, it's time we begin our hunt for the Mastermind."

Godot: "You mean the one behind this game?"

Kyoko: "Precisely."

Gloria: "To force us into something like this... can someone really be so cruel?"

Link: "Yeah."

Samus: "Definitely."

Byakuya: "I can name several."

Maya: "So can I."

Chara: "I mean have you MET me?!"

Gloria: "Oh..."

Byakuya: "Regardless, if we can figure out who's behind this game, we may be able to end it early."

???: "End what early?"

The group turned to see Monokuma standing in the doorway, the same smile on half his face despite his aggressive tone.

Monokuma: "Oh, right, you mean the multiversal killing game that I've worked so hard to construct. Well, unfortunately for you, there's a big hole in your plans."

Godot: "And that is?"

Monokuma: "Puhuhu... PUHUHUHUHUHU... KYAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!"

Edelgard: "Out with it."

Monokuma: "Oh, it's just that this particular game is special. VERY special indeed."

Hop: "Obviously, mate, I mean we're all from different worlds and trapped in a pocket dimension! Can't get much more 'special' than that..."

Monokuma: "Oh, it can, and it IS."

Link: "Just tell us, already!"

Monokuma: "Mmmmm... nope!"

Zelda: "What?"

Monokuma: "Nuh-uh! Not happening! Not a word more from my voice box!"

Kyoko: "Regardless of Monokuma's statements, we should all search for clues to the Mastermind's identity."

Monokuma: "Hey, I'm right here! Oh, whatever, investigate all you want, there is nothing that'll end this game besides more killing!"

Frisk: "Whoever you are, you are a horrible person."

Monokuma: "Big words coming from someone like you."

Frisk: "W-what?!"

Monokuma: "Anyways, I need to finish cleaning. So long, bear well!"

With that, he hopped out of the room.

...

--Chara's Room, 7:25 AM, Day 5--

ding dong

Chara sat up on her bed. Was that the doorbell? Who in their right mind would want to talk to her in a killing game? When she answered the door, she understood.