Chapter-3 Back Home

I woke up to the sound of Cassie singing. I looked at my surroundings, it seemed as if I was in the school infirmary. Cassie had her eyes closed and was singing her favorite song, and at least according to me, it was way better than even the original. She was so immersed in singing the song, that I couldn't dare disturb her. She must have sung for about 3-4 minutes yet it felt as if it hadn't even been a minute, that's how much captivating she and her song were.

"You have a beautiful voice.", I said in a weak tone, I caught her by surprise and she looked at me

"Finally up? You took a lot of time.", she said in a happy tone

"Yea...", I replied

"I will go call Ms.Johnson.", Cassie said, By the way, Ms.Johnson was our nurse

Ms.Johnson just asked me some questions about whether or not I was eating and drinking water periodically. After the questioning was over I was allowed to go home. I found out that I had fainted on the school grounds during the earthquake. I touched my stomach at the place where I was hurt. It was as if nothing had ever happened, it was completely healed or maybe the wound never existed to begin with.

It had been about 2 hours since school ended yet Cassie had waited for me all this time. We were walking down the hallway when Cassie said, "Charles had some work so he couldn't wait for you.", I realized that I had completely forgotten about Charles.

"How was he before going?", I asked

"As always. An idiot."

which probably meant that he was fine

"Well, you didn't need to wait for me either.", I said

"No, I can't just leave you while you are unconscious.", she said to me in an angry way

"You look cute when angry.", I said while smiling

She pinched me, "Idiot!!", she yelled at me, I just noticed that she was blushing and that she was looking even cuter when blushing. I just smiled at her and we continued walking down the hallway.

Now that I thought about It, maybe it was all a dream. Everything about the monster and all, I am sure that I was dreaming about it while unconscious, and maybe the ball of fur with wings that I saw, must be some kind of toy. That is the only logical explanation.

We were outside of the school building now. When I looked over to the school grounds, I saw many trees missing from the forest in the same place that I had imagined the monster walking through.

"Quite a few trees fell during the earthquake this time, Trees don't fall like that usually.", Cassie said

"Yeah, You are right.", I said.

"No way was it possible for the monster to be real this must be a coincidence.", I thought to myself

Then I spotted the tree on which I had crashed, it was broken the same way as it was in my dream, this couldn't have been just a coincidence. "Hey, Any guesses on how that tree fell?", I pointed toward the broken tree.

"Don't know, Maybe it fell during the earthquake.", Cassie looked just as confused as me

"But trees don't break from the middle during earthquakes."

"Well yea", she paused, "Mm... I don't know.", she sounded annoyed

"Where was I found, you said?"

"Right there,", She pointed towards the entrance to the forest, exactly where I fell. "Why do you ask?"

"Just wanted to know.", I smiled at her, "Let's go home."

Cassie blushed again, "Alright.", she mumbled Did it all really happen? Did I really just defeat a 40-foot-tall monster? If yes, then what was that voice that voice in my head? More like who was that voice? I was walking down a quiet street with a cute girl yet only questions crossed my mind.

"Do you believe in what happened now?", I heard the same voice in my head again

"Aah!!", I shouted in surprise

"You good?", Cassie asked me, looking concerned

"Yeah", I said regaining my calm

"Why did you shout?"

"Nothing. Felt a bug at my feet.", I couldn't possibly tell her about a voice in my head

"You are weird.", She smiled and looked away

"What are you?", I said in my mind

"'Who are you?' You know that's a rude thing to say to anyone" " the voice in my head replied

"Well then who are you?"

"That I can't tell you.", The voice took a pause."Do you have any more questions or not?", The voice said in a nonchalant way

"Was it all real? The monster and all?"

"You still doubt it?"

"Well, I can't deny it anymore. It felt pretty real.", I took a pause, "But then What was all that? How in the world is that possible? It defies everything we have ever learned."

"You have the answers with yourself."

"No, I don't. And don't you dare disappear on me after just saying that.", I looked at my surroundings, we were nearly at the crosswalk where I and Cassie would part ways. "You said you will explain."

"I did.", the voice said confidently. "And I will in fact explain it to you.", he stopped. "Except, I don't need to.", he added softly

"What do you mean you don't need to? YOU DO NEED TO EXPLAIN IT."

"Well, just go home. And finish what you left incomplete."

"That doesn't answer what I asked.",

No reply, "HEY!!!", I shouted in my mind(dunno how this works though.)

No reply, and I figured out that he had ghosted me.

"Hey!", Cassie tucked my shirt, "Bye, I will go now."

I realized that we were at the crosswalk already. I said bye to her and then she walked away. "guess I should hurry.", I mumbled

Well, at least now I know for sure that all that was true. Maybe this is all a dream, maybe I will soon wake up and be late for school. But dreams aren't this realistic, they don't hurt. I touched the part of my stomach where the branch had pierced me, it no longer pained nor did I feel a scar. I looked at the sky, the sun was starting to set and it looked beautiful, I saw something fly over beneath the sun causing a shadow, the shadow seemed to be of something big with wings, like a dragon.

But that wasn't possible, I looked down again. Until realized that I had fought a 30ft tall monster today, and I was pretty sure that shouldn't be possible as well. I looked up once again in a hurry. But by the time I did, the shadow was gone. It was either really a dragon or a weird-shaped plane. Or the most possible answer, I had started to go crazy.

The sun had nearly set and the street lamps turned on, after about a few minutes when there was complete darkness, I finally reached home and opened the door.

The moment that I entered, my mom came out of the kitchen with a saucepan in her hand. "WHY ARE YOU SO LATE??", she shouted at me and tried to hit me with the saucepan, luckily I was able to dodge and evade that attack, Or else I am sure I would be lying in a bed in some hospital somewhere right now.

Trust me, Moms are way scarier than a 30-foot-tall monster with rock armor.

"Sorry!", I cried, "I was at Grandpa Yu's house.", I gasped for air

"Oh, You were at Grandpa Yu's house.", She paused, "Then it's fine.", She left and went back to the kitchen. I don't know why but this felt more like a life-threatening situation than a fight with a 30ft tall monster.

I quickly went up to my room and laid down on the bed, it felt like a really long and tiring day today, even though I was unconscious for about 4 to 5 hours. And what was that dragon-like thing in the sky, maybe it was a dragon, or maybe not. I looked over to my study table and saw a cardboard box full of things, the box read 'OLD THINGS'.

I suddenly remembered that I never finished reading that book. I walked over to it and picked it up, kept it on my table, and sat down to read.

And that was when I understood, what the voice meant by saying that I have the answers myself.