Chapter-12 Natural Born

He picked up the glass bottle on the table, poured himself a glass of wine, picked it up, and laid back on the sofa. All his men still had their guns aimed at me.

I was trying not to sweat or show any other signs of fear but it was obvious I was in a very bad situation. It was true, the only ones who knew how to become an adept in this era were the clans and me, saying that I wasn't affiliated with any clans wouldn't make any sense if I were an adept.

Now anything that I said could be turned against me, but I still had one way left to save myself; I grinned.

"I am natural born.", I spoke with as much confidence as I could muster The whole room went silent, the look of shock on the butler's and the clan head's faces made it clear that at least for now I was not in the zone that I would get shot any moment.

"Do you understand what you are saying? buddy?", the clan head put down the wine glass

"I wouldn't say it if I didnt.", I said while grinning Natural born, People who were born as adept rather than being made into one. They had the vision from the moment they were born and were way stronger than your average everyday adept.

"Well, then even if you are a natural born doesn't mean that you would know about us.", He looked me straight in the eye and said, "So, how did you know about us? and why were you searching for us?"

"I once met an old man while walking down the street who told me that I looked young, and asked me about the things I saw in this world that others didn't. I immediately asked him for help. He taught me everything I knew up until now but one day he suddenly said that he couldn't teach me anymore and that I come meet you. He was also the one who told me to search for you in Kyoto."

"What was his name?"

"He never told me. I always just called him master."

"When did you meet him?"

"Around a month and a half from now."

"You are trying to tell me that you learned all this in just a month?", he looked surprised as well as confused

"I told you I am a natural born.", I faked a smile

"Alright, let us determine if you really are a natural born or not.", he signaled his men to put down the guns; picked up the wine glass again, and laid back on the sofa

"What do you mean?", I was a bit scared, all this story that I had made up could be messed up in a second if I made any mistake here.

"You will fight Ken.", He had a menacing smile

"He killed a manticore in one hit, and you want me to fight HIM??", I had expected something absurd but to this level.

"Of course, I don't expect you to defeat him.", He refilled his glass of wine, "All you have to do is land a hit on him, that's it. If you do even that much, you win."Even if there were no longer guns aiming at my head, just their stares were enough to make me feel as if I was being pierced by bullets constantly. It didn't feel like I had an option to decline.

"Alright, I accept. But what do I get if I do manage to land a hit on him?"

"Why were you searching for us?", he asked gulping down the whole glass of wine in one shot

"Well, because I did not have any master anymore and wanted to get stronger. Strong enough to protect my friends and family if ever something were to happen to them.", I still hadn't forgotten the feeling of utter helplessness in the face of monsters like that demon.

"That's it. You would get the complete support of the Izanami clan and Ken would personally teach you. Even the secret techniques that only the people of the Izanami clan can learn. But only if you land a hit on Ken. If you can do that, you will be executed on the spot.", he once again had the menacing smile on his face.

"Alright, Were do we fight?"

"Right here, Right now.", He stood up and clapped his hands, the table, and sofa and everything else in the room disappeared, and I had fallen since I didn't know the sofa was gonna disappear.

"THE FIGHT STARTS NOW!!!", the clan leader screamed and backed off, leaving only me and Ken facing each other.

Ken unsheathed his sword