Chapter 8

Cole

I was so worried when my Belle didn't wake up for almost two days after she found out her Mom was a werewolf. Aunt Mandy said she was just in shock and that she'd be absolutely fine. But I couldn't bear to be away from her so eventually Callie and I were allowed to sit by her bed from lunchtime on Sunday morning. I was just beginning to get worried that she might have slipped into a shock-induced coma or something when she finally stirred early in the evening. I let out a massive sigh of relief and waited for her to turn around and notice us.

"Uh, hey guys. What day is it?" she asked.

"Sunday fifteenth of September," Callie replied.

"Are you okay?" I asked, still worried and needing to calm both Dominic and myself down.

"Yeah I'm fine. Why wouldn't I be? And why are you in my room?" Belle asked confused.

"Well, you kind of fainted," Callie said casually.

"What?! Why?" Belle asked.

"Don't you remember? I'd have thought it would be kind of hard to forget your Mom turning into a giant wolf."

"Wait, that wasn't a dream?!" Belle exclaimed, sitting straight up in bed.

"Um, nope, it wasn't a dream," I replied cautiously. I didn't want to alarm her even more.

"Dammit. So, werewolves exist? And Mom is one of them? And... so am I?!" she asked. We simply nodded, feeling that words might make it worse. "Wait, why aren't you two freaking out as well?"

Here we go.....I thought.

"Well, uh, we're - kind of werewolves too," Callie said nervously.

"Okay. I - you're not dangerous, are you?" Belle asked.

"Didn't you listen to us when we said 'don't believe all the stories you hear'?" I replied, trying to reassure her. I couldn't bear it if she were scared of me.

"Yeah, but I never expected any part of them to be true; you know, like the fact that Supernatural creatures actually exist...!" she said. I could see she was about to freak out again, but she took a deep breath and exhaled slowly. "Alright. So, I guess I have a lot to learn, then?" she asked.

"Yeah, that's why we're here. We'll explain the very basics and then we have to take you to Dad's office so he can go into more depth," I explained, relieved that it had gone so much better than I'd expected. Belle rolled out of bed, straightening the covers. "Okay then.

Everyone on the bed. It looks like we need to have a major meeting," she announced. We did as she said and I began explaining the basics.

---------------------------

Once we'd gone through basically what she was and what would happen when she'd shifted, Belle suddenly seemed to clock that both Callie and I had already shifted. "So, you two have both shifted then?" she asked excitedly.

"Yeah, I shifted last year and Cole shifted a couple of months ago, on our eighteenth birthday," Callie replied.

"Can I - can I see them? Can I see your wolves?" Belle asked hesitantly. I couldn't believe that she'd really just asked that. I sat there just looking at her, completely shocked, until I suddenly remembered that one of us had to answer her. "Are you sure, Soph? You really want to see them?" I asked, just to make sure.

"Yes, I do," she replied.

"Okay then, let's go outside," I said, taking her hand and pulling her off the bed. We walked over to the end of the garden and she stood a little way off from Callie and I. "Do they have names? The wolves?" Belle suddenly asked.