Part 1

You sat on the couch inside your apartment studying for your English exam when your boyfriend walked in the door with a pissed off look on his face. Evan and you had been together since freshman year of college and though you had been more off than on, you loved him with all your heart. He walked into the kitchen and came out holding a water bottle before plopping down on the couch beside you, kissing the side of your face. You put down your book and turned to face him, seeing the frustrated look slowly disappearing and a smile forming on his face.

"What are you up to, Evan Shane?" You asked.

"Nothing, I'm just happy to see my girlfriend of three years." He said, kissing your lips again.

"How was the studio? Did you come up with anything?" You asked, wrapping your arms around his neck.

"It was going fine until my father called and invited us to dinner while the band was in town this weekend," Evan replied.

You let out a deep sigh and hugged the singer tighter around the neck, feeling the tension slowly leave his body. He pulled away and kissed your lips and then took a sip of his water. You knew Evan and his father had a rocky relationship since his parents' divorce when he was a kid. His father had spent more time on the road than with the young boy, missing many important moments in the guitarist's life. You had never met Paul but were hoping Evan had agreed to go so you could meet your future father-in-law. Evan cleared his throat and turned his head to the side, giving you a sly little boy grin, making you chuckle at him.

"Well, what did you say?" You asked.

"I told him I was busy right then and I would have to talk to you first. Since you know I'm done with all my tests for the semester and you are still studying." Evan replied.

"I am down to go! I have one more test tomorrow and then I am free, so call him back and tell him yes for Friday," You replied.

"Okay, I'll call him. Finish up your studying and then we can make dinner." the singer replied, as he stood up from the couch.

"Just remember, I'll be with you the whole time, so if he gets out of line, I'll be there to support you." You said.

"Thanks babe" He replied, as he shook his head.

You watched him pull his cell phone out of his jacket pocket and take a deep breath before hitting the call button on the device. You picked up the book from beside you and opened it, half paying attention to what you were reading as you watched your boyfriend pace up and down in front of the television. Finally, Evan's face turned red as you heard a voice come across the line catching both of yours attention.

"Hey dad it's Evan, listen I talked to Y/N, and she is fine with going out on Friday if that works for you," Evan said into the phone.

You saw a smile grace the singer's face as he continued to walk back and forth in the living room. You felt your own nerves get the better of you as you wondered how it would be to meet the legendary singer of KISS. Turning your attention back to your textbook, you tried to focus on the test taking place the very next day and not on the phone call between father and son.