Part 18

The next afternoon

(Reader POV)

You stretched in the bed feeling an arm holding on to you tightly, making you cringe slightly. You turned your head to the side to find Paul sleeping soundly next to you with his bandage hand over his eyes. Rolling away, you pulled on your clothes from your suitcase and headed downstairs to make coffee and to clear your head. A gruff voice broke the silence as you cracked the door open, making you stop in your tracks.

"Please talk to me before you take off," Paul said

"Who said I was leaving? I'm in Hawaii! Once I make breakfast, I'm heading to the beach, so you have the choice to either join me or stay in bed all day. I refuse to stay in this house and mope.

"Give me 15 minutes and Ill be down there," Paul replied

"No, come down with me now please" You replied, as you turned around and looked at him

The singer looked like he was ready to cry and you could see the bloody bandage around his right hand. Your heart sink your chest as you felt yourself floating to the singer's open arms. Paul pulled you close to his chest as the two of you fell back into the bed, and you felt the guitarist's lips ghost like pressed against your temple.

"Why did you push me away like that?" You asked.

"Diving right into the hard questions?" Paul countered with a laugh.

My only concern is whether I should continue to be with you. I can't deal with the Mood swings. I dealt with it for so many years with Ev. He could do some unspeakable things in anger." You whispered.

Paul adjusted your positions so that he was hovering above you on the king size bed. He let out a shaky breath as his hair fell into his eyes. You brushed your hands through his hair and then cupped his face, stroking the stubble on his face. He hovered his lips above yours, waiting for permission to kiss you. You leaned up and closed the gap between the two of you, taking his lips in between you and kissing them softly. The guitarist let out a low groan and kissed you back, spreading your legs open with his knee.

"I love you. I'm just so afraid of what he's capable of doing. He is not a well individual Y/N," Paul whispered in between kisses.

"Who isnt a well individual baby? Talk to me and tell me what has you so worked up, please?" You whispered as you held his face in both of your hands.

The tears welled up in his eyes and he turned his face from you to wipe them away, as Paul sat up in the bed. He pulled you to your lap and gripped you as you ran your hands down his back and neck. The singer cleared his throat and then looked down at you with a serious look on his face.

"What im about to tell you never leaves this room? I want you to promise me that even if we don't work out, you will stay far away from my son. Run and never look back to a Stanley man again. We are all bad news, it seems," Paul said.

"I promise I won't say anything, but please tell me. Are we in danger?" You asked.

Paul closed his eyes tightly and held you close to him, as the singer let out a few cleansing breaths. You could feel the anxiety dripping off his body, making you panic yourself. You listened closely as the guitarist began to tell you the story from his past that changed his relationship forever with his son.