Part 3

(Evan POV)

Evan watched as you disappeared around the corner with his father feeling the anger building up inside his body. He turned around and walked back into the studio, finding the blonde receptionist sitting behind the desk with a sly smile on her face. The guitarist shook his head and walked back into the studio. Grabbing his guitar, and began strumming, finding lyrics pouring in. Evan stood up and grabbed a piece of paper writing at the top of the paper 'Just Sayin.'

"I know youre tryin hard not to listen, because I've been tryin hard to explain

Something that's not even a question

Whatcha want and what I want are the same

You tell me we're good; I feel like you're stallin,

You say Im the one, so why is he callin?

You say come thru but the keys no where insight

And now im done tryin to get thru to you"

Evan grinned to himself as he scribbled out the lyrics to the new song down on the paper. The sound of his cell phone ringing caught his attention, and he pulled it off of the sound board next to him, seeing his father was calling. He let out a frustrated groan before clicking the talk button before he brought it to his ear. The singer gripped the sound board as he heard your voice in the background and patiently waited for his dad to speak.

"What do you want, dad? I'm kinda busy right now," Evan snapped.

"Can you put your dick back in your pants long enough to meet me for a coffee in twenty minutes?" Paul asked.

"Is she coming too? I really don't want to deal with the drama of you trying to put us back together. It's clear that she wants to be with you," Evan replied..

"Oh, give me a break son. I'm not trying to steal your girlfriend. I was comforting her from the horrible scene you let her see. I raised you better than that. Ill see you at the coffee shop next to your studio in fifteen." Paul replied, before disconnecting the line.

Evan shoved the phone back into his pocket and finished writing the lyrics before he grabbed his jacket and walked out the door. He winked at the young lady at the receptionist's desk before walking out the door toward the coffee shop his father demanded the young singer meet him at. Paul sat at the last table on the outside patio, his fedora pulled down low over his eyes. Evan pulled up a chair and singled for the server, quickly placing his order as he heard Paul clear his throat, looking at the boy with disgust. The young singer shrugged off his jacket and waited for his father to start his lecture.

"Four years together and this is how you show that sweet girl how you care for her?" Paul asked.

"Dad, you are the last one to tell me about not going after every girl that offers themselves to me. You've got so many conquests that they could write books about. The girl wanted it and so I gave it to her. It's not my fault she forgot to lock the door." Evan said with a shrug.

"Evan Shane Stanley, the eleven years I was with your mother, we taught you how a solid relationship should be. It's about love, respect, and honor. Hell, it was six months ago you were telling me you were going to marry Y/N. I never cheated on your mom, I wish I could say she was the same way." the singer replied.

"Well, when you are gone nine months out of the year, people get lonely and need to be met," the guitarist said

"You sound just like her. Look, I'm just here to tell you I'm getting Y/N a hotel room for the night. If you want to come and clean up your mess, this is where she will be. I'm guessing we won't see you at dinner?" Paul asked.

"Nope, I think coffee is good enough. Ill see you at the show and then whenever you decide to come back around again." Evan replied as he grabbed his cup of coffee from the server.

He threw a few dollar bills on the woman's tray before turning around and walking out, leaving his father sitting at the table with a shock look on his face. The young singer took a drink of his coffee as his cell phone chimed, giving the notification of a text message. He looked down at his phone and saw your name appear across the screen, making him chuckle slightly to himself. Evan looked at his iPhone, trying to decide what to say back to you before shaking his head and locking the device, putting it back into his pocket as he headed toward the studio again, hoping to finish the new song before the night came.