Part 2

(Reader POV)

Two Days Later

You had your headphones in as you jogged up the stairs to your apartment, not noticing the man standing in the corner. You searched in your bag for the house keys when a hand grabbed your shoulder, making you scream, and start swinging your fist around. The man jumped back and held his hands up, trying to stop you from hitting him in the face. Grabbing your chest, you looked at the man seeing the same features as your boyfriend Evan and guilt automatically creeped in as you realized you had just attacked Paul Stanley.

"Mr. Stanley, I am so sorry I didn't realize it was you. You scared the shit out of me," You said, breathlessly

"I'm sorry sweetheart, I was just waiting for my son. I'm guessing you are the beautiful girlfriend of his that I've only had the pleasure of seeing pictures of," Paul replied.

"Yes, I am Y/N, Mr. Stanley. Evan didn't tell me you were coming or I would have been here sooner. Please come in," You said, as you unlocked the door.

"Please call me Paul and he didn't know I was coming. I thought I would surprise the two of you, which I say I did with you successfully." the replied. replied

"Evan is at the studio. I can take you down there if you would like. I'm sure he would love for you to hear what he has been working on," you said.

"I don't know that he would love to see me. We don't have the best relationship since the divorce, but sure, why don't you take me down there?" Paul replied,

You locked the door again and then motioned for the singer to follow you back down the stairs. The recording studio was only three blocks from the apartment the two of you shared. You tried to think of something to talk about with Paul, but felt suddenly nervous about being around him. Trying your best not to stare at your boyfriend's father, you found yourself captivated by the guitarist's handsome features. Evan was a mini me of his father and you could feel a weird desire pulling through your belly as you glanced over at Paul.

"See something you like, sweetheart?" Paul teased.

"I'm sorry. You and your son just look so much alike. You are very handsome." You replied.

"Well, coming from a knockout like you, I'll take that compliment." The singer said with a wink.

You felt embarrassed by the singer's comment and tried to hide your blush as the two of you walked up to the studio. Paul held open the door, taking a bow as you walked in front of him. The two of you walked beside each other as you got to studio A, Evan's favorite one, to work on seeing that the lights were off. You looked back at Paul, seeing his face turn white, and he tried to stop you from turning the handle. Pushing him back, you opened the door to find Evan behind a long hair blond woman thrusting in and out of her as she screamed his name. Paul flipped on the lights and the two jumped apart with the young singer moving to pull up his pants, as you covered your mouth to stop yourself from screaming.

"Y/N, it's not what it looks like! We were just talking!" Evan shouted.

"It looks like you were fucking this slut instead of working like you promised me. You said there was nothing to worry about with you two!" You screamed.

"What is he doing here with you?" Evan asked

"I came to visit my son. I didn't know there was going to be an opening show," Paul replied.

"I'm out of here, Pau, I'm terribly so will not make it to dinner. I'm sorry you had to witness this, but it was nice to meet you." You said, as you took one last look at Evan..

You turned and ran out the door, hearing the two men yelling at each other. The tears streamed down your face as the anxiety struck you. Crumpling to the sidewalk, you covered your face as you sobbed openly. The two of you had been together since the start of freshman year and now, in the blink of an eye, it was over. Someone stepping up to you pulled you from your thoughts. You looked up to see Paul standing in front of you with his wide brim hat on with the feather and playing card sticking out of the top of it. He took a seat beside you and wrapped his arm around your shoulders.

"I didn't raise him to be like that. I am so sorry that he did this to you." Paul whispered.

"I just want to go back to the apartment and pack my stuff. Ill go stay at a hotel for the night," You whispered.

"Let me pay for the room. It's the least I could and please come to dinner with me. I would like to get to know you better, as a friend," the singer replied.

"Okay" You said

The singer stood up and held out his hand to help lift you up from the ground. You looked down the street, seeing Evan standing at the corner of the building looking at you and his father. Quickly, you grabbed Paul's hand and stood up and started walking, never letting go of his hand as the two of you walked down the street together.