Chapter 43

Yui groans and rolls on her stomach continuing to sleep. Ayato grunts and rolls behind her spooning her and lays his head on hers cheek to cheek.

It wasn't long before Ayato opens his green eyes, looking around before he pulls up the covers to cover his and Yui's naked bodies.

Tightening his arm back around her, Ayato rubs his eyes trying to go back asleep, just when he was he heard the shield going off.

Immediately getting out of bed, Ayato walks to the window and looks out to thirty yards from the house.

Ayato's jaws clenched when he saw Tougo trying to get in.

"Work like a charm." He thought.

Before The King and Queen left, Lucifer put up a shield to keep unwanted visitors out. It was hidden so no one knew how long it went around the property, also when someone hits or touches the shield it will let the brothers' and Yui know.

Pretty secure if you ask me.

"Ayato?"

Ayato turns to look at his now awake sleepy beauty.

"What're you doing?" Yui asked groggily, rubbing her eyes.

"Nothing just looking outside." Ayato said, closing the curtains before walking back to the bed.

Leaning down he kiss her and she kisses back.

"Why did you lie to me."

"Dammit."

Ayato meant to say that in his head, not out loud! He could only sit there in silence, when Ayato and Yui had that talk the main thing was NO LYING no matter how bad it is.

"Sorry.."

"I forgive you."

It really surprised Ayato how calm she was. Maybe she's still sleepy or woke up on the right side of the bed.

Pushing that aside, he needs to tell her the truth.

"My old man met the shield."

"We won't have to worry about him getting inside."

"You sure about that? He can find a way."

"Ayato, which is stronger, a vampire or the devil."

"Devil."

"Exactly." Yui pulls him to her more so that he's on top of her, "Just try to relax and enjoy our weekend."

Ayato sighs knowing she's right.

"I'll try."

-------------------------------------

The brothers and Yui finishes breakfast before dismissing to do whatever they want.

Ayato and Yui was walking hand to hand around the rose garden just enjoying the day.

"Feeling better?" Yui asked Ayato.

"A little." 

"No more?"

"No."

Yui makes him sit down before sitting in his lap.

"Babe nothing is going to happen, I'm safe."

"You don't know that Yui anything can happen if we slip up."

Yui looks down. She wants to ease Ayato but how, her words are doing nothing.

Maybe she can try to find something that can calm him.

---------------------------------

Knock knock!

"Come in."