Rose

When Stefan explained to Valencia what happened with Katherine when she was with Tyler and Caroline, the blonde Gilbert was upset that the vampire doppelganger wasn't dead. However, when she found out that Katherine got a taste of her own medicine and was betrayed by the witch she had on her side, Valencia couldn't stop the smirk that appeared on her lips as one word ran through her mind 'karma'.

It was the morning after the masquerade ball and Valencia was in front of her full-body mirror. Her outfit was missing something and she couldn't figure out what. A light bulb went off and she made her way over to her closet and grabbed a small purple purse that matched the purple flowers on her outfit. She smiled and nodded, happy with how she looked. She flipped her loose curls over her shoulder and made her way out of her room.

 She flipped her loose curls over her shoulder and made her way out of her room

(Valencia's makeup and outfit)

As she shut her bedroom door behind her, she heard Jeremy call out for their sister. "Yo, Elena!"

He received no answer and opened her bedroom door. Valencia walked up behind him and stood on her tiptoes to look over his shoulder even though she was wearing heels. Elena was nowhere in sight and her bed was made. "Maybe she left already."

Jeremy jumped at the sound of her voice and turned to glare at her. "Really?"

Valencia laughed and shrugged. "Now you know how it feels."

"Maybe, but it looks like her bed wasn't slept in. Plus, since when does Elena make her bed before school?" Jeremy questioned and he had a point. Elena has always made her bed after she got home from school.

"Now that I think about it, her car wasn't in the driveway when I got home last night and I didn't hear any doors open or shut after I got home."

"She probably stayed with Stefan last night."

Valencia shook her head and worry filled her. "I took Stefan home last night and her car wasn't there when I dropped him off."

Jeremy was worried now but tried to remain optimistic. "She could've got there after you left."

"You're probably right. We'll ask him at school. You need a ride?" Valencia asked as she turned and made her way down the stairs.

"Yeah." Jeremy shut Elena's door and followed Valencia.

————————

The oldest and youngest of the Gilbert siblings walked through the halls of Mystic Fall High School in search of Stefan. As they made their way to his locker where they hoped he'd be, they kept an eye out for their sister but didn't come across her. When they turned down the hall that held the lockers that belonged to juniors, they saw Stefan standing at his.

The sound of heels clicking against the linoleum flooring and the smell of champagne, berries, and tangerine wrapped in one (the keynotes of Bath N Body Works scent Champagne Toast) invaded Stefan's senses. A smile found its way onto his lips as he knew to who the scent belonged. He turned his head and the first thing he saw was blonde curls that bounced with every step she took. His eyes traveled from her curls to her face and his green eyes met her blue ones.